INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Media Editor  (Read 1113 times)

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
Using Media Editor
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:12:25 am »

I'm trying to take some of my radio show hosting clips and put them together as a separate file to send to a programming director and figured this program could do that.  All I need to be able to do is import the mp3 and wav files I have, find the section of the file that I want, save it somewhere, do that with another section, etc... and then put the whole thing clip by clip on it' s own file.  Can anyone talk me through the easiest way to do this?

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using Media Editor
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:42 am »

Audacity is the tool I would recommend for this: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Step 1: Import your files.
To do this, I simply dragged three files clip(1).mp3, clip(2).mp3, and clip(3).mp3 into the Audacity window.
These were just some random podcasts - clip(1) was mono and the other two were stereo.

Step 2: Make your selections, and trim each track.
There are tools which let you zoom right in, and you can fine-tune your selection by clicking in the pane at the bottom (selecting hh:mm:ss + samples will give you the finest control over this) and using your keyboard's arrow keys to adjust the start and end points of the selection.

Step 3: Select Tracks → Align Tracks → Align End-to-End to align your selections.

At this point, you might want to save the project. (file → save project)

Step 4: Select Tracks → Mix and Render to downmix the multi-track file to a stereo mix.
After this has run, you could also mix it down to a mono track if it's just radio.

Step 5: Export your track. (file → export)
Pages: [1]   Go Up