INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asterick in filename  (Read 1909 times)

crawfofd

• World Citizen
Asterick in filename
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:37:11 pm »

I am currently using Schedules Direct to download guide data to an xml file. I have -a selected to get the asterick in the filename for new episodes. This is nice because it shows up in the guide. Is there a way to use this asterick to change the guide font/color to represent a new episode. I'm not that great at programming but I thought maybe there was a way to check the filename for the asterick and than change the font color.  Is this even possible?  Any help would be appreciated.

Also I just purchased version 20 and I have it set up. I had no problems paying for it and getting the license. Everything went pretty smooth. Thanks for a great piece of software that keeps getting better.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Asterick in filename
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:54:46 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but you can change the font of any display field based on an existing tag.

Ex.
Code: [Select]
ifelse(
   compare(watched(1), =, 0), <b>[Name]<//b>,
   compare(watched(1), =, 2), <font color="aaaaaa">[Name]<//font>,
   1, [Name]
)

This will dim the name field if the episode has been watched or not.

I don't really understand what you mean by:

I have -a selected to get the asterick in the filename for new episodes.

because I am not familar with Schedules Direct and its naming schemes, so I can't be of much further help.

You can check here (http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_expression_language) for regex on how to identify an asterisk based on its position. I think it would be easier to use MC's Watched function though.

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:14:50 pm »

Thanks BryanC, I will look into the comapare option.

The -a is for Schedules direct and it indicates that the show is a new show aired for the first time. It get appended to the name.

Thanks again for your help.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:57:25 am »

Thanks BryanC, I will look into the comapare option.

The -a is for Schedules direct and it indicates that the show is a new show aired for the first time. It get appended to the name.

Thanks again for your help.

Oh, OK, that makes sense now. Still not sure where the asterisk is located but hopefully this will get you started:

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual(Right([Filename (name)], 1),*, 1),
   <font color="aaaaaa">[Name]<//font>,
   [Name]
)

You might have to escape the * with a forward slash in front of it, I'm not sure if it's a special character or not.

crawfofd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 10:45:00 pm »

Thanks BryanC, Sorry for late response. I will try that tonight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up