INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Room Audio, simultaneous payback to all zones  (Read 1785 times)

Bakerboy908

Multi Room Audio, simultaneous payback to all zones
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:41:00 am »

Hi Guys

Im new to JRiver, im trying to set it up as an audio solution to my multi room system, I have all the separate zones setup and playing back via DLNA from an android app called Bubble upnp, all my music is coming from Google plays music service.

Where im hitting the wall is playing back to all zones simultaneously, short of opening up the cupboard where my Media centre lives and creating a zone link i cant workout how to play to all zones remotely.

I am using 2 creative sound blaster usb sound cards and the internal realtek sound card from the computer.

This is meant to be an audio only solution.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi Room Audio, simultaneous payback to all zones
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

Have you linked the zones in MC? Right-click the zone in the tree and look for "link zone".

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Multi Room Audio, simultaneous payback to all zones
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 02:31:23 pm »

Where im hitting the wall is playing back to all zones simultaneously, short of opening up the cupboard where my Media centre lives and creating a zone link i cant workout how to play to all zones remotely.

What I think you're saying is that you have media center on a headless box, so linking and unlinking zones is difficult?  

If that's the case one possible solution is to make duplicate zones and link those once and leave them linked.  So let's say you currently have a kitchen zone, a living room zone, and a bedroom zone.  Copy each zone, i.e. create a "kitchen linked" zone, a "living room linked" zone, etc.  Then link those three zones.  Now you'll have your three original separate zones, and then the three duplicate zones all linked up.  When you want to play to all areas, play to one of the linked zones.

One caveat is that I've never tried to use bubble Upnp; I know my solution works with gizmo, though, so it's worth a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up