INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless playback, how?  (Read 1846 times)

K_C_

• Recent member
Gapless playback, how?
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:32:47 am »

I did a little search before, but seems I can't get what I am looking for so I start this one.

I am using PC1 as the media library and also DLNA server (by J River). A Teac UD-501 is connected to PC2 via USB, which also uses J River as the player. I listen to SACD ISO (i.e. DSD bitstreaming) mostly.

I found that it seems impossible to setup gapless playback in this situation? Or any one can show me the proper settings for gapless playback in this configuration? Gapless playback settings for FLAC is also welcomed.

FYI I checked most of the options inside media server setttings of PC1 and also under the audio settings of PC2. But seems none of them helps.

Thanks in advance.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gapless playback, how?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:36:12 am »

If you are pushing from MC to MC then gapless should be Ok. But if you are pushing from MC direct to the player then it depends if the player actually supports gapless.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

K_C_

• Recent member
Re: Gapless playback, how?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:52:29 am »

If you are pushing from MC to MC then gapless should be Ok. But if you are pushing from MC direct to the player then it depends if the player actually supports gapless.

Thx for the suggestion, now I am using PC1 to push the audio tracks to PC2 and gapless works as promised.

However, it seems that if the realtime PCM to DSD conversion is enabled, PC2 will also convert the DSD tracks from PC1 (as seems it is streamed as DoP) and playback is failed. FLAC/PCM files are working well however.

Is this by design? Any other suggestions? Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up