INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] MRU Count  (Read 1761 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
[REQ] MRU Count
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:20:23 am »

Currently the most recently used list can be set from 0-8 in the options.
Via the registry, this can be increased up to 16 (anything above 16 seems to be ignored) though I find that going over 10 causes the right-click menu to scroll.

I'm always forgetting the registry key and have to hunt around for a few minutes any time I want to make a change.
Can the options be expanded?

Additionally, could it be changed so that the menus no longer scroll when they get "too long"?
I seem to recall someone mentioning that Media Center limits their height to half the vertical screen resolution.
80-90% seems like it would be more appropriate, and would help when accessing the menus using high DPI scaling values too.

I also wonder if a "Recent" sub-menu might be preferable to adding the MRU to the top of the right-click menu - at least as an option.
Or perhaps a double-wide menu, with MRU items on the left. That would fit 12 items rather than 8.

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [REQ] MRU Count
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

Currently the most recently used list can be set from 0-8 in the options.
Via the registry, this can be increased up to 16 (anything above 16 seems to be ignored) though I find that going over 10 causes the right-click menu to scroll.

+1

Additionally, could it be changed so that the menus no longer scroll when they get "too long"?
I seem to recall someone mentioning that Media Center limits their height to half the vertical screen resolution.
80-90% seems like it would be more appropriate, and would help when accessing the menus using high DPI scaling values too.

Sort of along similar lines, most of the vertical menus require you to directly scroll up and down with the mouse wheel.  Others, such as those with an up arrow at the top and down arrow at the bottom, can be scrolled only with those arrows. 

Would it be possible to allow wheel scrolling within those as well?

--Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up