INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switch Off BPM Analysis  (Read 2704 times)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Switch Off BPM Analysis
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:41:37 pm »

Is there a way to do configure the audio analysis tool?

I had a huge disaster when I updated to MC19 and analysed my files again to reflect the update to the R128 algorithm. I use DJ software and MC replaced all the BPM values with its own analysis which were far less accurate. The DJ software uses beat-grids based on the BPM to keep songs in time and this was all radically changed causing endless hassles when mixing. Literally thousands of songs were changed and countless hours of work lost.

With hindsight, I should have considered this but didn't do so...

I have recommended MC on some DJ boards for file organisation and creating playlists. I would be loathe to do so again as this issue is huge to a DJ. I can only assume my advice was ignored by the other DJs as nobody was baying for my blood later.

Really, having BPM turned off by default would be a good idea, as I suspect those who make the most use of that feature, probably have better analysis options already.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Switch Off BPM Analysis
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:02:09 am »

The audio analysis always writes all attributes it analyses, there is no way to turn one off individually.
I would recommend to store other information in a different field, to avoid conflicts.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

sunfire7

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:03 am »

Damn, this happened to me as well using virtual dj. After analyzing files with MC I noticed that they were a bit off and not mixing well, however with traktor this doesn't happen so I assume that traktor use custom tags or internal library to store file analysis. 

You could try re-analyzing with dj software and activate MC option to not record tags on files but only in library, then re-analyses with mc and see if it works!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:38:11 am »

I would also prefer that Media Center only wrote BPM tags if they were empty rather than overwriting existing data.

BigJ

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 11:47:05 am »

I would also prefer that Media Center only wrote BPM tags if they were empty rather than overwriting existing data.
So would I.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:16:38 am »

however with traktor this doesn't happen so I assume that traktor use custom tags or internal library to store file analysis. 

It happened for me with Traktor. It could be something in the Traktor settings that made the difference for you.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:47 am »

Matt just posted in another thread that this will be implemented in the next release:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91499.0

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 01:09:49 am »

Legends!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up