INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to copy a field, then erase the original field?  (Read 888 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
how to copy a field, then erase the original field?
« on: August 30, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

i have a few different custom fields, that are copies of other (custom and not) fields.  while i was learning things i went and created a bunch of library fields LOL

but now that i have things working, i want to delete a bunch of the "test" fields, and rename some other ones to make more sense. 

is there a way to copy a field, then erase the original field?  for example, i use a smartlist to calculate average bitrate.  i then made a field that calculates from that, to give me a text value (i.e. CD Rip, High Res, etc.).  BUT...i want to move that calculated data to another field (that is purely a string value, not a calculated value)

if i say [album format (new field)]=[formattest (old field)] &datatype=[string], the fields copy over just fine, of course.  but now i want to erase [formattest] completely...but my new field depends on it!

is there an easy way to get around this?

thanks

Re: how to copy a field, then erase the original field?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

Tools → Library Tools → Move / Copy Fields

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: how to copy a field, then erase the original field?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 04:00:59 pm »

LOL

thanks, working good so far.  it's weird when it's so much easier than i convince myself it should be...i've never used that tool before in all these years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up