INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does it not see my library folders  (Read 1852 times)

Datman

• World Citizen
Why does it not see my library folders
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:03:28 pm »

There have been a few frustrating issue for the most part I love it, when I watch a movie which is rare any more. When I do I spend 2 hours trying to get it to play and get tired and go to bed. I guess I’m not intuitive enough for this program. So tonight I want to watch a movie and then the movie I want is on another drive . I have 2 with ISO and regular movies. The ISO are the version of the movie that has the HD audio. So I  go to tools, options library & folders configure auto import and my folder was not listed just the one so I selected it and made sure audio image video and data were checked clicked ok and finished.

As always nothing happens and I get tire and put on a record.

PS I have had 18 for years and just upgraded to 20 and have posted anything for years mostly because I usually figure it out it has never seem intuitive and you need to know all the little secretes that may be buried in the manual .

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Why does it not see my library folders
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 09:33:52 pm »

a quick fix would be... If the movie file has the MC logo...then just double click it right in the file folder and it should play in MC. if it does not have the MC logo you just need to associate the file type for MC providing MC will play that file type....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »

a quick fix would be... If the movie file has the MC logo...then just double click it right in the file folder and it should play in MC. if it does not have the MC logo you just need to associate the file type for MC providing MC will play that file type....
Thanks I will check that out. I mounted the ISO and it played I had forgotten that method. I just want to import the folder with the ISO files into MC so when I go to documents both drive folders are there. As far as I can tell the reg movies all come up from the video tab.

Another thing sometimes I delete movies for space and MC never forgets that it was once part of the library and shows up with a red X you can delete it but often it comes back. Or you duplicates of every movie half with red X's.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »

Another thing sometimes I delete movies for space and MC never forgets that it was once part of the library and shows up with a red X you can delete it but often it comes back. Or you duplicates of every movie half with red X's.

look at >tools>options>Library & Folders>configure auto import...under the tasks... is> ignore files previously removed from Library.....checked or unchecked? then look at fix broken links....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 11:07:44 pm »

I did find under play list and recently imported all my ISO movies and I got all the movie info so now I’m even better. I’m not sure where they will go when MC decides they are no longer recent imports?

Datman

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

That was a mistake now my ISO and reg movies are mixed and I never wanted that to happen. I guess it's all about trial and error till you figure it out or get tired and put a record on.

~OHM~

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 11:35:14 pm »

I guess it's all about trial and error till you figure it out or get tired and put a record on.

lol@u....it sounds like a tagging issue....you will get it. keep truckin on....
Pages: [1]   Go Up