INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joan Rivers - RIP  (Read 975 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Joan Rivers - RIP
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:36:47 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Rivers

On August 28, 2014, Rivers experienced serious complications and stopped breathing during a procedure on her vocal cords, at a clinic in Yorkville, Manhattan. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital and was put into a medically induced coma after reportedly suffering cardiac arrest.

On August 29, her daughter, Melissa, publicly stated that Joan was "resting comfortably" in the hospital. On August 30, it was reported that Rivers had been put on life support. Reports initially stated that Rivers' family might face ending her life support if her condition did not improve. However, on September 1, 2014, an unnamed source told Entertainment Tonight that Rivers' physicians at Mount Sinai Hospital had started the process of trying to bring her out of the coma on August 31. Prior to that, there had been no further medical updates beyond her daughter's statement.

On September 3, Melissa Rivers issued a brief statement that Rivers had been moved from Mount Sinai Hospital's intensive care unit into a private room, without any comment concerning Rivers's condition or prognosis. The following day, September 4, 2014, Melissa announced via another statement that Rivers had died at the age of 81 at 1:17 p.m. EDT.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Joan Rivers - RIP
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:06:16 am »

Sad day.

She flew in the face of political correctness. I liked that.

Political correctness has it's place and all that, but when it comes to changing lines in centuries old nursery rhymes and re-writing the ending of fairy tales (3 little pigs, anyone?) it's gone too far if you ask me.

Who can tell me what happened to the wolf when he got to the third little pig's house, the one made of brick, after he'd huffed and puffed for a bit?
Pages: [1]   Go Up