INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BubbleUPnP and using JRiver random smartlist  (Read 2576 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen
BubbleUPnP and using JRiver random smartlist
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:35:57 pm »

I am using the stock smartlist included with JRiver called "100 random songs." I am using JRiver 19.

( [Media Type]=[audio] ~n=100 )

This works well within JRiver, but when I select that smartlist on my phone via BubbleUPnP (using version 2.0.7), it generates one random playlist only. While using BubbleUPnP, when I select reload or select the smartlist again after selecting another playlist the same 100 songs are there.  The only way I've been able to get BubbleUPnP to regenerate a new random playlist is by exiting and restarting BubbleUPnP.

Is there a solution to this?  Or am I doing something wrong?

I contacted BubbleUPnP regarding this and they confirmed the problem and claimed this is a JRiver issue.

Thanks for any help.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: BubbleUPnP and using JRiver random smartlist
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:57:47 pm »

I am using the stock smartlist included with JRiver called "100 random songs." I am using JRiver 19.

( [Media Type]=[audio] ~n=100 )

This works well within JRiver, but when I select that smartlist on my phone via BubbleUPnP (using version 2.0.7), it generates one random playlist only. While using BubbleUPnP, when I select reload or select the smartlist again after selecting another playlist the same 100 songs are there.  The only way I've been able to get BubbleUPnP to regenerate a new random playlist is by exiting and restarting BubbleUPnP.

Is there a solution to this?  Or am I doing something wrong?

I contacted BubbleUPnP regarding this and they confirmed the problem and claimed this is a JRiver issue.

Thanks for any help.

I haven't touched this in a long time but if I remember correctly, the UpdateID is incremented when there are changes to the container. I'm pretty sure it should work if Bubble looks at that (there may be a coalescing delay of about 1 minute). Anyway, I trust the BubbleUPnP author completely so if he has a suggestion of what the problem is that would be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up