INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Category/Library Item Thumbs  (Read 1393 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Theatre View Category/Library Item Thumbs
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:27:47 pm »

Okay, I'm just a couple of weeks into JR, so forgive my newbie-ness.  Using JR on HTPC's, so getting Theatre View looking good is the goal.  My question is: "Can custom Categories/Library Items added to the tree have a thumbnail assigned other than the generic folder icon?"  If so, how/where?

My example: I added a category for Music Video, so my Theatre View goes - Video, Audio, Music Video, etc.  Under Music Video, I've added Library Items for Artists that I collect, and under each artist I've added library items for Concerts, Documentaries, 5.1 Album Remix, Music Video.  And, I've set the rules to sort, etc.  The sort and layout works great, it's just looks weird because all of the list items that I added have the generic folder icon instead of a cover shot or artist image.

Any way to associate an image with a custom Category/Library Item?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theatre View Category/Library Item Thumbs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:51:05 pm »

My question is: "Can custom Categories/Library Items added to the tree have a thumbnail assigned other than the generic folder icon?"  If so, how/where?

They should be a stack of images from the files in the grouping.  Maybe the thumbnails aren't all built yet, hence the folder?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Re: Theatre View Category/Library Item Thumbs
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:52:50 pm »

I set up the categories a few days ago and the generic folder icons are still there today.  I tried creating a /cover art/artists/ folder but it didn't pick up any images from it either.  I also tried creating a series name for the library items, like "5.1 Remix" tagged as the series name.  Created the /cover art/series/5.1 Remix.jpg and it didn't show.  

The files are in /Music Video/{Artist}/{File Type}.  I didn't name the sub-folder the same as the Library Item name, could that be an issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up