INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 flac files to galaxy s4 situation  (Read 1868 times)

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
MC20 flac files to galaxy s4 situation
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:02:18 pm »

i'd like to upload some of my music to my phone. The songs were ripped in flac. Does MC automatically change the flac to MP3 during the process or must that be done manually?

What is the process to create a playlist and then sync it to the phone. I've messed around trying to figure it out without success.

Not a techie

GadgetBoy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:21:45 pm »

I'm a techie and wasn't able to figure out the sync thing the other day. Curious to hear the answer...
LazyAutomtion
www.lazyautomation.com

la·zy [ley-zee] - Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
au·to·ma·tion [aw-tuh-mey-shuh n] - The automatic operation or control of equipment, a process, or a system.

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
Re: MC20 flac files to galaxy s4 situation
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:14:12 pm »

Have you connected your Android devices to your computer in question and had them show up in Windows Explorer?  If so, you'll also likely see them in the Drives and Devices subsection on the left.  If that Android device also has a microSDXC/HC card in it, you'll see two entries.  One for the phone storage, and one for the card storage.  Right click on it, and you'll be able to pick playlists to sync and where to store the music.  The default is for it have Music and Playlist directories on the root of the device.  I sync mine to my microSDXC card because it's 64 GB, and I'll move to a 128 GB fairly soon.

As for the file types, you'll see a list of accepted types and can edit those.  I add ".m4a" and ".aif;.aiff" to mine.  You can then adjust the encoder properties to convert whatever files are in the playlist or library into a certain format (such as MP3).  In my case, I just configured it to not transcode anything and use whatever the native format is, since I have applications that play my AIF and FLAC files (which I prefer) anyway.  As a side note, the Samsung devices have supported FLAC files natively for a while, and my Note 3 plays them just fine in the stock application as well as the others.

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »

Hopefully these screencaps will help.

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:43:57 am »

Thanks for the info, I'll give your instructions a try today

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 07:06:41 pm »

Have you connected your Android devices to your computer in question and had them show up in Windows Explorer?  If so, you'll also likely see them in the Drives and Devices subsection on the left.  If that Android device also has a microSDXC/HC card in it, you'll see two entries.  One for the phone storage, and one for the card storage.  Right click on it, and you'll be able to pick playlists to sync and where to store the music.  The default is for it have Music and Playlist directories on the root of the device.  I sync mine to my microSDXC card because it's 64 GB, and I'll move to a 128 GB fairly soon.

As for the file types, you'll see a list of accepted types and can edit those.  I add ".m4a" and ".aif;.aiff" to mine.  You can then adjust the encoder properties to convert whatever files are in the playlist or library into a certain format (such as MP3).  In my case, I just configured it to not transcode anything and use whatever the native format is, since I have applications that play my AIF and FLAC files (which I prefer) anyway.  As a side note, the Samsung devices have supported FLAC files natively for a while, and my Note 3 plays them just fine in the stock application as well as the others.

With your advice I was able to upload albums to my android tablet with ease, thanks!

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:00 pm »

With your advice I was able to upload albums to my android tablet with ease, thanks!

No problem.  :-)  Android is really weird about this stuff, and they've all been weird about playlists and formats since my first Diamond Rio.  ;-)  I used to fight with Musicbee and others trying to get stuff working consistently, and eventually got things going with iSyncr and iTunes.  But my own music production and remix work require me to use better devices that can use better formats and drive better headphones.  So, here I am.  I'd like to see a synchronizing client/agent that can be scheduled on the device to hit the server for playlist updates and such, but I've also seen so many have issues with this, and Android KitKat just made this worse.  In the meanwhile, I have a FiiO X5 coming in tomorrow that I'll use with this and only sync with my phone (for cycling and such) every now and again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up