INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use MCWS commands (especially in resource.xml)?  (Read 1865 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
How to use MCWS commands (especially in resource.xml)?
« on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:21 am »

Most important new feature in MC20 for me is the possibility to change the tempo without fiddling around in DSP Settings. It now can be changed using MCWS commands. I never used those kind of command till now.

Now I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to use them. I need to have a global shortcut for this function. They are defined in resource.xml. Is it possible to use MCWS commands in there or do I have to do something else to define a shortcut?

Then I'm wondering what's the right syntax to change the tempo. Is it possible to add a given value to the current speed, so sending the MCWS command adds eg. 0.1 to the current speed AND to use another one to get back to normal speed with just a single command?

Sad thing for me right now: I'm not able to test this for myself right now because I'm on a very small, restricted data plan for a (hopefully) short time so I have to stick with MC20.10 for some time :(

Thanks!

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to use MCWS commands (especially in resource.xml)?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:48:37 am »

So I finally spend some of my data for downloading the latest Version of MC to get my hands on the MCWS tempo management. But I don't get it.

The documentation says:
      SetTempo
         Set the tempo.
         Parameters:
            Tempo: The tempo. (default: )
            Zone: The zone the command is targetted for. (default: -1)
            ZoneType: The type of value provided in 'Zone' (ID: zone id; Index: zone index; Name: zone name). (default: ID)
         Response:
         Examples:

Am I right, that it is possible to set a tempo via MCWS commands but not to higher or lower the tempo relatively to the current playing tempo?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:50:53 am »

Am I right, that it is possible to set a tempo via MCWS commands but not to higher or lower the tempo relatively to the current playing tempo?

Yes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 06:54:57 am »

Any chance to get the possibility to change the tempo relatively to its current tempo? My approach is to make it usable with a simple remote or a keyboard shortcut, which is still not possible now (if I don't want to map all of my keys to a predefined tempo value ;))

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:22 am »

Any chance to get the possibility to change the tempo relatively to its current tempo? My approach is to make it usable with a simple remote or a keyboard shortcut, which is still not possible now (if I don't want to map all of my keys to a predefined tempo value ;))

Just a suggestion Matt but would it be possible to follow the pattern that commands like Playback/Volume use where if you don't specify a new value then it simply returns the current value? But then of course SetTempo might not be the best name. Hmmm, got to love API programming :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:07:36 am »

Next build:
Changed: MCWS/v1/DSP/SetTempo takes a Relative parameter to set the tempo relative to the current tempo.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:25:31 am »

Cool :)

Now I have to learn how I can use MCWS...
Pages: [1]   Go Up