INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Album Display Inconsistencies  (Read 1353 times)

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
MC Album Display Inconsistencies
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:00:27 pm »

Hi -- I am currently undertaking the long-overdue task of going thru my MC library (about 1500 ripped CDs), and cleaning up the tagging and cover art, so it is consistent with the way I like it. One thing has me stumped. There are some albums with multiple artists in which MC will (correctly) have one cover icon representing the album. In other instances, though, it will slice things up so there is an identical cover icon for each of the multiple artists in one album -- even though the album name and cover is identical for each. One cover icon, for example, will have tracks 1 and 2 (by the first artist), the next 3,4 and 5 (by the next artist), etc. This extends to playback -- the cover icon with tracks 1 and 2 won't automatically go to 3,4 and 5, even though they share the same album name.

I have not been able to discern any logic MC uses to "decide" which of the above cover icon formats will be used. I thought it might depend on "disk number" but that has no effect. Can anyone help? Thanks. -- David

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Album Display Inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »

Take a look at the Album Artist tag.

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC Album Display Inconsistencies
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 02:39:35 pm »

Jim -- That did the trick! Thanks. -- David