INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To those who use TV or Remote Control  (Read 1121 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
To those who use TV or Remote Control
« on: February 05, 2002, 02:31:13 pm »

If you use the TV in MJ, or Remote Control, and you are willing to answer a few questions (for the help file) please e-mail me. Thanks.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
RE:To those who use TV or Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 02:49:53 pm »

E-mail away

>>If you use the TV in MJ, or Remote Control, and you are willing to answer a few questions (for the help file) please e-mail me. Thanks.
TV Please, I don't use a remote since i can reach it with my arms.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

cjdshaw

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2002, 01:14:42 am »

I use the Girder plugin with MJ 8 and an IrMan. There's still a lot of bugs though, particularly related to losing focus and having to get up and click with the mouse.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2002, 04:19:45 am »

cjdshaw> I'm using the same setup you are and I'm not having any problems at all with losing focus.

I wonder if there's something wrong in the Target portion of your Girder command configs. Have you tried wiping out the MJ stuff from Girder and re-downloading the newest MJ Export Group from the Girder website?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2002, 04:22:23 am »

Lise, you can always drop me a line too.

The only way I can watch TV at home is through MJ....
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cjdshaw

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2002, 03:09:37 pm »

Doof> All my focus problems come from MJ, not the plugin. Examples:

Go to Media Library top level, then Tab. Focus goes to the search box and won't leave.
While playing, send a Ctrl-W twice from Girder (or just do it on the keyboard). Focus is lost.

There's a few more, but those are the worst. These days, I mostly send keyboard events from Girder, rather than using the plugin. I don't really see what advantages the plugin gives you. If I was going to use the plugin exclusively, it would need the following events:

Full screen mode
Switch module (Ctrl-1 to Ctrl-5)
Fast forward/rewind
Next/Previous vis

but if anyone needs miscellaneous Girder/IR/MJ help, my limited experience is available.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2002, 04:23:24 pm »

cjdshaw,

I'll try to shore up the focus problems over the next few releases.  Please keep reporting anything that isn't quite right yet.

Also, I think you're right that Girder is probably the way to go.  That way you can do anything in MJ plus anything in Windows. (start other programs, launch a playlist, shutdown, etc.)

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2002, 04:44:34 pm »

cjdshaw> I could be wrong but base on your last post, I'm not sure...

You should be using the Girder plugin for MJ, plus the MJ export group for Girder.

It gives you play, pause, stop, next, previous, next playlist, previous playlist, fullscreen mode, reshuffle, plus a numeric keypad (not sure what that's for, though).

The export group interfaces directly with the Girder plugin. So there won't be any loss of focus issues using those commands. Without using the plugin, you could inadvertently send Ctrl-P to a completely different application.

For the rest, you can still set up keyboard shortcuts. Although it would be better for the guys (are there any women working at J River?) to add those commands to the Girder plugin.

cjdshaw

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2002, 12:30:30 am »

Doof >
Call me stupid, but I can't find a full-screen function in the export group.
I'm not in front of my MJ machine now, so I'll check when I get home, but even using the Girder plugin I was still losing focus quite a lot. I'll start again tonight using the plugin and report my findings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up