INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with theater view  (Read 1298 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
issues with theater view
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:05:19 am »

I am new to JRiver and have a few issues/questions that I would like to see if there are solutions too.

1. In options/theater view I change the name from "Shows" to TV Shows. I wanted it to be a little more descriptive for the family. When I did this the windows media center remote  command "Recorded TV" stop working. The command now brings you back to the main screen in theater view but does not open anything. Remove TV and it works again. Is this is a glitch or the names not customizable.

2. I use playlists a lot when listening to music and while the keyboard command alt+7 works in standard view it does not work in theater view. Is there a command that can be learned by a remote for opening playlists in theater view?

3. My last issue is with Netflix. When  I open the movies show up. when I highlight one to play the Netflix profiles come up, I have one for my wife and I and one for my daughter. No Matter which one is selected I get an error saying aw shucks something went wrong. I then have to get the keyboard and click on the icon and then it plays the movie.  if I stop the movie and start a new one same process starts over.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: issues with theater view
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:09:36 am »

1. In options/theater view I change the name from "Shows" to TV Shows. I wanted it to be a little more descriptive for the family. When I did this the windows media center remote  command "Recorded TV" stop working. The command now brings you back to the main screen in theater view but does not open anything. Remove TV and it works again. Is this is a glitch or the names not customizable.

The remote opens a view called Shows.  If it's not there, no view.

2. I use playlists a lot when listening to music and while the keyboard command alt+7 works in standard view it does not work in theater view. Is there a command that can be learned by a remote for opening playlists in theater view?

It is executable:
MCC 22001, 6
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:10:21 pm »

Thanks Matt. Is there a simple step by step for dummies on how to accomplish the executable command. I looked it up on the wiki but I am not clear.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:14:57 pm »

Well you can teach the remote that button, I think.  Theater View : Playlists is one of the commands on the Edit Remote Commands dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »

The remote opens a view called Shows.  If it's not there, no view.

I found this aspect of MC annoying. I have added a view called "TV Shows" which excludes recordings, plus I have an additional "TV Recordings" view. The original "Shows" view includes all recordings and other TV shows from DVDs and so on. I rarely use that view.

It would be nice if the view that is opened with the selection of the standard MCE commands could be redefined in MC. It would be even nicer if MC could learn the extended MCE commands available on Logitech remotes, and the actions to be taken could be user defined. I would like to use this at least to run external commands (programs). At present extended IR commands are all ignored.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up