INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New OTA channel available. How do I configure it?  (Read 980 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
New OTA channel available. How do I configure it?
« on: September 09, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »

There is a new OTA channel in Orlando called "GritTV" (old westerns and war movies). It is WFTV channel 9.3.
When I scanned for new channels, MC found it.

However when loading the Program Guide the channel is displayed but there is no program data. First I used "Download EPG Automatically". This didn't work. The I tried "Over the Air Signal (ATSC tunner only)". This will load the program guide but it doesn't update the guide so the next day that channel has no data again. Also i was seeing double discriptions in the guide such as "CBS News. CBS News" for some channels. The EPG Guide seems to be better if I can get it work for all channels.

On the standard view>television settings it says "click here to configure" (connect channels with their corresponding identifiers). Clicking on it only brings up the list of existing channels/configurations. There is nothing available for this new channel to match it to (I think it should be WFTV-D3, since channel 9.1 is WFTV-DT and 9.2 is WFTV-D2. Therefore there is no Guide data downloaded for this channel.

Under Advance>Edit Channels I can manually add the "WFTV-D3" but I don't have the microsoft XMLTV code.

What do I need to do to get this channel working?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: New OTA channel available. How do I configure it?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »

The recommended method usually is more reliable.  However, since you have a new channel, there is a possibility that the source of the EPG data does not have the new channel info yet. 

Also, pay attention to how the channel is referred to, for example, call sign, channel number, etc, so you can identify it in the xmltv data that is downloaded.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

Re: New OTA channel available. How do I configure it?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

The TV fixes/updates in 20.0.15 fixed all of my problems. All the new OTA channels scanned/detected now have correct channel identifiers and the EPG data is downloading automatically.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up