INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wrong filename when import audio files  (Read 1132 times)

genlig

wrong filename when import audio files
« on: September 10, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

I upgraded from MC19 to MC20 with portable installation, when I import audio files in MC20, either with "import" functionality or drag and drop, the filename is wrong, (i.e.: in the file list is shown as "M:nstall Drive):\JRiver\..........." instead of "(Install Drive):\JRiver\............"), where "M:" is the drive letter assigned to my usb HDD, and I have to change it manually every time.
MC19 was working fine without presenting this problem, I tried to reinstall everything several times but the problem is still there.
I appreciate your support to fix this problem.

Regards,

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: wrong filename when import audio files
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:15:02 am »

Hi genlig,

I believe this is a bug in MC when it tries to upgrade portable installs.

There are two ways to fix the problem:

1. Go to File->Library->Restore Library and select the last backup from right before you installed MC20 from the drop-down list (it's sorted by date). That should correct your issue.

If that does not work:

1. Select all of the files in the library, right-click and go to Library Tools->Rename, Move, & Copy Files. In the dropdown box, select "Update Database to point to new location." Then select "Find & Replace" and in the "Find What" enter:
Code: [Select]
M:nstall Drive) Under "Replace With" enter:
Code: [Select]
M:\(Install Drive) Make sure everything looks correct in the right preview pane and then click OK.

genlig

Re: wrong filename when import audio files
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:19 am »

Hi BryanC,

thanks for the answer, I knew I could fix the problem with the "post processing" you are suggesting (option 2) but I was looking for a definitive solution, about option 1 I'm pretty sure I tried what you suggested but can't be sure 100% and I can't test it now because I decided to reinstall MC20 with a classic installation on my pc's (Home desktop and work notebook) and everything is now working as expected.
I'll check in the next releases for a solution before trying eventually to switch back to a portable installation.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up