INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help w/JRiver, CAPS Zuma into Lexicon MC12HD  (Read 2967 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Need help w/JRiver, CAPS Zuma into Lexicon MC12HD
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:24:00 am »

I have been using JRiver on my CAPS Zuma for about 2 years now successfully for music only in my music listening room which is also a Theater. Untill recently I did not use the TV feature. I now want to use the TV / Video feature in this room. Problem is that I have not been able to get 5.1 audio thru my Lexicon. Video works just can't get 5.1 audio. No idea why. It's connected via HDMI.

Now...just last week I used "another Zone" in JRiver that uses my "DragonFly" as a 2 channel DAC. This worked! But is not ideal as it doesn't do 5.1. Any suggestions? Especially from anyone who may also be using a Lexicon?

Thanks!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need help w/JRiver, CAPS Zuma into Lexicon MC12HD
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:27:06 am »

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:07:02 am »

Thanks, Jim. Will give it a shot.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

Well, I tried setting it to streaming and didn't work. i know I'm doing something wrong. choosing the driver /audio device under audio may be one of them. I do nmot see the Lexicon by name to choose from....I have selected each general one to see if the work and have not found any combination that works. Really frustrating. I can't imagine that it isn't possible to send directly to lexicon.....

also, as a side note, when i was going back and forth between zones several would end up staying selected. I couldn't get them to deselect unless I rebooted my machine....

connersw

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26:19 pm »

I would not recommend Bitstreaming.  

The Lexicon is not going to show up as your Audio Device since you are using HDMI (your Audio Device is your HDMI port).  Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display adapters.  You should see your HDMI port there--either your add on video card or what is directly on your motherboard.  

In MC, go to Tools -> Options -> Audio -> Audio Device and select your display adapter with the [Direct Sound] option.  You should not have to reboot, but you may want to close Media Server (not just Media Center) and then re-open Media Center.  Do you get sound?  If not, post again.

If you do, start working your way up.  Choose the same display adapter except with the [WASAPI] option this time.  Do you still get sound?  If yes, you're done.

If no this time, check Tools -> Options -> Audio -> Audio Device -> Device settings -> Device and check "Disable event style."  If yes, you're done.  If no, just go back to Direct Sound--that's the best you can do.

The best possible outcome in order is WASAPI Event Style > WASAPI Event Style Disabled > Direct Sound.  Work your way up though first trying to get just sound through Direct Sound.

Note: Do not create a Zone for each possible Audio Device selection; you will not use them all (you just need the best one that works).  Stay in one Zone and trouble shoot from there.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »

The Lexicon is not going to show up as your audio device since you are using HDMI.
I'm puzzled by that statement.  The device connected by HDMI should show up in MC's options if it is capable of playing sound.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

The Lexicon is not going to show up as your Audio Device since you are using HDMI (your Audio Device is your HDMI port).  Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display adapters.  You should see your HDMI port there--either your add on video card or what is directly on your motherboard.  

In MC, go to Tools -> Options -> Audio -> Audio Device and select your display adapter with the [Direct Sound] option.  You should not have to reboot, but you may want to close Media Server (not just Media Center) and then re-open Media Center.  Do you get sound?  If not, post again.

If you do, start working your way up.  Choose the same display adapter except with the [WASAPI] option this time.  Do you still get sound?  If yes, you're done.

If no this time, check Tools -> Options -> Audio -> Audio Device -> Device settings -> Device and check "Disable event style."  If yes, you're done.  If no, just go back to Direct Sound--that's the best you can do.

The best possible outcome in order is WASAPI Event Style > WASAPI Event Style Disabled > Direct Sound.  Work your way up though first trying to get just sound through Direct Sound.

Note: Do not create a Zone for each possible Audio Device selection; you will not use them all (you just need the best one that works).  Stay in one Zone and trouble shoot from there.
Thanks connersw for such a detailed response. Will try later this evening & report back.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »

OK.....I followed your instructions;

I did this: Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Display adapters.  You should see your HDMI port there--either your add on video card or what is directly on your motherboard. 

I Found Intel HD Graphics 4600 there

But when I look in Options > Audio > Audio device I do not see that. Bunch of other stuff including “Default Audio Device(WASAPI), Default Audio Defice (Direct) & High Definition Audio Device, etc

I selected Default Audio device (direct), started a TV channel, got video, NO audio and then got a MADVR error. Don’t know what this means

Then I selected High definition Audio device 1 (direct), started a TV channel, got video, NO audio and then got a MADVR error

The above happened for all audio devices I selected that I thought might be the correct one.

At a total loss......

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:47:06 pm »

If you want to quote a reply, you need a quote tag before and after.

[quote ]
and
[/quote ]

without the spaces.

connersw

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:26 am »

I'm puzzled by that statement.  The device connected by HDMI should show up in MC's options if it is capable of playing sound.

Yeah, sorry--I screwed that up.  I have an Nvidia video card and Nvidia does the HD audio for my HP monitor's speakers.  I don't usually use them, so when I was looking stuff up real quickly last night, I didn't think through it.

jrdiandrea:  Could you please post a screen shot showing all your Audio Device options in MC?

Also, what is the madVR error you are getting?  Could you post a screen shot of that as well?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 09:39:50 am »

Thanks for hangin in there with me, connersw.

Yes, I will try to get thattomorrow. unable to get to it today.

Thanks again!

JR

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »

connersw, here are 3 screen shots. I hope they can tell you something......

connersw

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 07:33:20 pm »

Hmm, not quite what I expected to see.  Try disconnecting your HDMI cable from you PC and completely powering down the Lexicon (don't just leave it in stand-by).  Power down your PC and reconnect the HDMI cable (maybe even try a different HDMI cable if you have one).  Reboot the PC, and then power up the Lexicon.  Does it recognize any other Audio Devices now?

If not, I would try the High definition Audio Device and High definition Audio Device (1) options.  

Is that last image what you were calling the madVR error message?  That is actually DSP Studio error message.  Open DSP Studio and uncheck everything on the left side except for Output Format.  For Output Format, make sure Output Encoding is set to None, Channels is set to Source number of channels, and Sample rate Output is set to 44,100 Hz for all Sample Rates.  Can you now get sound?

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 08:23:26 pm »

Regarding the madVR....that shot wasnt it. I got that before when trying to play a TV channel in my past attempts. Dont know why. Not happening now.

I did as you suggested...powering all down, removing and replacing hdmi. Still nothing. I also again tried several of the audio devices....default, headphones, etc and still no audio reaching the Lexicon. Just dont get it.

Thx for trying. If you thing of anything else....?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up