INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 7.2.280: Maintaining Your Place in the Media Library  (Read 959 times)

Tuber

• Recent member
MJ 7.2.280: Maintaining Your Place in the Media Library
« on: February 04, 2002, 04:26:20 pm »

Apologies in advance for this newbie-style question. I've recently started using MJ 7.2.280 and am wondering if there's an easy way to move from a particular position in a Media Library content window (e.g. examining the tracks of a particular artist arranged from shortest track to longest) to another content window (e.g. Playing Now or Music Search) then back to the immediately prior position in the Media Library. For a library with a long list of artists, it's pretty inconvenient to have to find the artist again in the Media Library (as a first-step at the least) in order to re-create the window of information just left behind.

I expect that the recent MJ 8.0 thread on multiple windows might indicate a negative answer to my question, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Nonetheless, if MJ 8.0 can do this (and MJ 7.2 can't), then I'll look forward to the official release of 8.0.

Thank you all for your help.

Harry the Hipster

RE:MJ 7.2.280: Maintaining Your Place in the Media Library
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 05:34:33 pm »

One possibility: maintain a second, clone library. Shift from your default library (with the selected search data) to the clone through the drop-down menu from File, perform whatever you want in the clone library, then revert to the default library.

Problem is, when you enter a new name in the clone library (for instance, to do a second search), it automatically changes the Find Music command in the default library too. Example: I search Tommy Flanagan in the default, go to the clone, search Karrin Allyson, when I return to the default, the search command in Find Music is for Karrin, not Tommy. And in any event, when I reorder based on file length in content view, it seems to revert to the default order (in my case, file name) whenever you leave that field to perform another function.

Can this be addressed in a future build?

HTH

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2002, 05:48:59 pm »

MJ8's "Next" and "Previous" buttons allow much easier browsing and navigation.

Additionally all the (endless) lists of artists and albums are type navigable, so if you type F,R,A,N, you get to Frank Sinatra rather than (as you would in MJ7) Nirvana.

Go to a playlist, then go to a search, add some files to the playlist, hit the previous button, check the playlist, hit the next button, do another search, add some files to the playlist, do another search....etc.
Next, Previous, Next Previous.
Or wander off and get completely lost.
Then Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous, Previous. Phew!
Now where was I?  Next, Next, Next, Next, Next, Next.  Aha!
Very friendly, very easy.

Tuber

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 07:48:59 am »

Thanks to HTH and Callithumpian for the info. I love the community that's been created on this board.

-Tube
Pages: [1]   Go Up