INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCE Remote - unresponsive 'Stop' button?  (Read 883 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MCE Remote - unresponsive 'Stop' button?
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:59:54 am »

On the HTPC, I set up zone switch for videos. This is an attempt to get around the oh so annoying problem where the spoken audio in films is barely audible, so volume gets turned up, then the dramatic chase music kicks in and almost blows the windows out it's so loud. I have wrestled with this problem for years. The girls do not like it.

Using zone switch for video files to switch to a zone with equaliser presets set to try and bring the dialogue to the fore has helped, but not eliminated the problem.

Now, the 'stop' button on the remote has started playing up. It needs to be held down for an interminable time (longer than any of the girls are prepared to hold it down for) before anything stops. The batteries are good. All other buttons are fine.

If I pick up the DiNovo Mini and hit ctrl+s, playback stops immediately.

Any ideas what's going on here?

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: MCE Remote - unresponsive 'Stop' button?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:10:03 am »

The MCE remote does not send a "ctrl+s" but sends a Media Playback Stop command.  I'm guessing a dodgy remote Stop Button?  I could knock up a simple script like this to swap Media_Stop to a "ctrl+s" but if it is the RC it will not help....  Have you tried another MCE RC?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up