INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cool WinAmp features ;-)  (Read 1231 times)

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
Cool WinAmp features ;-)
« on: February 04, 2002, 07:38:21 am »

Well, I can't resist. Being a long-time WinAmp user before I switched to MJ, I have to mention two features of WinAmp that I'd really love to see in MJ:

1. Explorer shell extensions on folders: MJ creates explorer shell extensions (play, add to playing now and import) for supported file types, but it would be great if MJ could also install these extensions on folders. When I want to play all files within a folder (without importing them first), I now have to select all files within the folder first and choose "play". And there is no easy way to play all files within a folder AND all subfolders beneath this folder. With WinAmp you can simply select "Play with WinAmp" on the folder.

2. Show the track title in the task bar: Most of the time, I play music in the background, while MJ is minimised. If I want to know the title of the track that is currently playing, I first have to restore MJ and look at the "playing now" info. With WinAmp, I can quickly look at the task bar and immediately see the track title. This is not a major issue for MJ, but just a very neat little feature of WinAmp that I'd love to see in MJ.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Cool WinAmp features ;-)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 07:42:28 am »

Hi,
   Re the two items above - #1 I wouldn't use. #2 I would like to see, or better still (IMHO) would be player control button on the taskbar somewhere - this was discussed earlier...

Thanks,
John
Namaste,
John

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2002, 08:06:21 am »

I REALLY would like to have"show the track title in the task bar" On an everyday use it is one of the "big less" concerning MediaJukebox ,for me.
Not only WinAmp has it,other players as well

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2002, 10:45:25 am »

1. While I probably wouldn't use this either, or at least not very much, it would be a nice addition.

2. Also a nice addition, although if you have MJ minimize to the system tray, its tooltip will display the current file's Artist - Title - Time.

kitfox

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2002, 10:51:27 am »

Although items 1 & 2 sound like "wish list" items, I agree that they would be nice features and I'd likely use them.

Michael

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2002, 10:55:02 am »

Yeah, scrolling the "Artist - name - time" in the taskbar would be nice like Winamp and Musicmatch and others have already.

The folder play would be nice too
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Sudadon

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2002, 04:51:24 pm »

I would also like MJ to respond to media keys on Logicool and Microsoft keyboards, regardless of whether it is on the foreground, like WinAmp does.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2002, 05:26:39 am »

1. Folder Shell extensions will be available in next build.

2. We will take a look at that and see if we can implement it. It's much harder for us, because our app has a title bar, so just changing the text will not work, we will see if we can change text just in the task bar.

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up