INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 - NO TV devices found  (Read 2387 times)

iancollins2010

• Recent member
Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 - NO TV devices found
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:50 am »

Hi folks,
I am trying to connect to a Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 but when I go to the TV section of MC and scan for new devices it tells me there are no connected devices. I can think of a couple of possible reasons, would anyone be able to advise? The detail is below:

I just bought a QNAP USB TV device which works fine with the QNAP app but sadly that app is really lacking functionality. The device is actually a Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 which I see is compatible with Media Center which I use for recorded material extensively. The QNAP USB stick did not come with a driver software but I managed to find one for my Windows machine and Windows device manager thinks it is OK. I am guessing that maybe this may be the problem or the other possibility is that QNAP have done something to the USB stick to pair it up exclusively with their app. Any ideas how I might debug this?

Thanks

Ian

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 - NO TV devices found
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:39:52 pm »

Ask QNAP?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Realtek DVB-T RTL2832 - NO TV devices found
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:01 pm »

In MC, go to Television options > Advanced, and click "Copy television related filter info to clipboard...", and paste the result here, or email it to me.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up