INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade  (Read 1302 times)

hoodwink

Upgrade
« on: February 04, 2002, 05:14:12 am »

I registered MediaJukebox 6 and upgraded to 7. Is there an upgrade charge to go from 7 to 8 or will it be full price (as my v6 key isn't recognized)?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 07:05:32 am »

a version 7 registration works on 8.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2002, 07:08:59 am »

6 works on 7, but not on 8.
7 works on 8, but not on ?.

aRCLiGHT

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2002, 02:19:23 pm »

I think the original question was overlooked.  I too have a version 6 license.  It upgrades version 7 but not 8.  So, what is the cost than to upgrade.  If you upgrade version 7 and then try to save the license, it is still a version 6 license.  In essence, we have to go from version 6 to version 8....

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2002, 02:38:07 pm »

6>8 $24.95. 7>8 $0.00 (so far). 8>? who knows but maybe $0.00. If you are gonna upgrade go to 8 unless you want to stay at 7.2 indefinitely.
That's right.
I'm cool.

aRCLiGHT

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2002, 04:05:22 pm »

Ok - Now it would seem to me that there should be some middle ground for upgrade pricing.  Buying the whole program all over again seems a bit steep to upgrade a look and add a few features.  Maybe it is just me, but I think that there should be a consistent upgrade pricing based on the feature set being added.

Speaking of features, has anyone compiled a list of why I should pay for an upgrade to version 8 versus staying with version 7.2?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2002, 04:23:44 pm »

aRCLiGHT,

<>

No reason until the final release. Version 7.2 is an excellent product. It is also the official release at the moment. Version 8 is a Beta and it is being tested. It is not a final product.
The free upgrade from Version 6 to Version 7 was gravy. If you bought Version 6, you still have a Version 6 license.
There have been hints that the final release of Version 8 may not be free from Version 7 like it is now. I don't think it has been decided.
If you want a detailed list of improvements, search for "MJ 8.0 Beta Available", "match all words" "subject only" and you can get a partial list in tedious detail as each thread is started with a list of improvements over the last beta release.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2002, 04:44:40 pm »

arclight,
From 6 to 8, there is no upgrade.  Sorry.  We're trying to reduce the complexity of handling licenses inside the program and out.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

hoodwink

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2002, 04:44:24 am »

Jimh, Will you let us know when these complexities are worked out? Otherwise with every beta of v8 I have to deinstall 7, install 8 then if the registration fails deinstall 8 and reinstall 7.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2002, 05:18:22 am »

There may be some misunderstanding.  A version 6 key will not work with version 8.  It never will.  Going from v6 to v8 requires a purchase of v8.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up