INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time to Update the Podcast Home screen  (Read 959 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
It's time to Update the Podcast Home screen
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:23:45 pm »

The Podcast Home screen hasn't changed much as long as I can remember, possibly close to its entire existence.  The featured links are pretty stale and of the podcast directories listed in the orange box...
  • Podcast.com is defunct and is now a parked domain page
  • Digital Podcast features a ton of obnoxious pop-ups that have very low WOT ratings and many that masquerade as system prompts trying to trick the user into clicking which is a typical malware delivery trick.
  • Podcast Alley pops up a Windows Security login prompt (this one is probably not fake) from meviodisplayads.com and/or Bitesize, whatever that is and keeps popping it up every link that's clicked.  Plus, none of the site images display.
  • Podfeed.net actually works, but doesn't have list any podcasts you've ever heard of so doesn't seem like a particularly good resource.
  • BBC Radio throws a 404 error page

Lastly, the Google search is a straight search, which doesn't provide podcast-specific results or anything with a click to subscribe link.

I suggest completely doing away with this page and replacing it with a custom view clickable thumbnail menu of subscribed podcasts.  Yes, I know I can make my own custom view, but this is really not a great way to introduce new users to the Podcast section of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up