INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags - Really don't wish to write such files to storage drives.  (Read 1334 times)

Reciprocate

• Recent member
Tags - Really don't wish to write such files to storage drives.
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:24:21 am »

Is there any way I can use this feature without writing to the same drive? The method used needs to be compatible with WD TV gen 3 limitations.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Tags - Really don't wish to write such files to storage drives.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:30:49 am »

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You can uncheck "save in file tags (when possible)" in Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields. If you uncheck this for all tags, then nothing is ever written to the file. Tag info will then only be stored in JRiver's Library.

Reciprocate

• Recent member
Re: Tags - Really don't wish to write such files to storage drives.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:49 am »

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You can uncheck "save in file tags (when possible)" in Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields. If you uncheck this for all tags, then nothing is ever written to the file. Tag info will then only be stored in JRiver's Library.

Would the cover art still be available to WD TV players?

Guess what I'd really prefer is to write the tag to a different path (which would have write privileges).

Just FYI - there are many accounts of these WD TV boxes overwriting real video files. That's what I wish to prevent. And I've always kept my media drives read only anyway - just keeps Murphy at bay :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up