INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Synchronisation Between Client and Server Since Upgrade  (Read 1178 times)

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
No Synchronisation Between Client and Server Since Upgrade
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my server and client to Version 20.  Since then I have added one new album to the server library and I can see it there in Audio > Recent Albums but it has not appeared on the client.  A manual sync from the client says the libraries are synchronised.  When I look at Playing Now > Playing From > server library on the client the library properties at the top of the server tab show that I am connected to the server library but the file count is 9 less than I see when I go to Playing Now > Playing from > Main Library on the server.

I have attached log files from the server and client that were collected while I ran the manual sync. No options have been changed since the upgrade and I had no synchronisation issues before the upgrade
Any ideas why it won't synchronise?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Synchronisation Between Client and Server Since Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

This is really weird because the client should make a request to the server for a library and it should contain everything.

What happens if you reconnect the clients?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:17:56 pm »

OK, I had already tried disconnecting and reconnecting the client but it didn't make any difference.  I have now ripped another CD, checked it appeared in the library on the server and then disconnected and reconnected the client.  The new CD doesn't appear on the client, but the one I ripped a few days ago does, but without its cover art, which I only added to the server library earlier today.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

What if you restart MC on the server machine?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »

That helped to fix it.  I stopped the server but could still connect from the client.  Which didn't make sense.  There were no JRiver or Media Centre applications or services running on the server, but I found a version 19 media centre process running (which is odd seeing as I uninstalled 19, may be I need a reboot). Anyway I killed the process and could no longer connect from the client so I restarted V20 on the server and then connected from the client.  All is good now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up