INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issues with tv  (Read 2220 times)

pfm555

• World Citizen
issues with tv
« on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:09 pm »

I am new and have a couple of issues that I would like to see if there are any solutions. 1.  When I am watching a live tv show if I hit the back button the show stops and then if I hit the watch button one of two things happens. I either get the show to start playing meaning I can hear the dialog of  whatever station I am watching but the screen is black. 2. the other thing that happens is I just get a  black screen and no dialogue. I have tried to use the Alt+Tab, Microsoft start in an attempt to refocus but nothing works. I then use the ctrl+f4 to end MC. To get it to work I have to go to keyboard and go to the task manager and once I open task manager the video card or ceton card refocuses.
The other issue I am having is with Netflix is that it requires me to put in username and password every time I open it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: issues with tv
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:25:02 pm »

1.  When I am watching a live tv show if I hit the back button the show stops

Do you watch TV show in Theater view or Standard view?  By 'back button' did you mean the one on remote control?  That button should bring you back to the place where you started (Standard View TV view, or Theater View Guide), in either case video should continue play in a small window.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:57:39 pm »

theater view. yes, back button on remote and the remote is MCE remote. When the back button is pushed it does take you back to the theater view guide. If i try to go back  and watch the selected channel i push the ok/enter button on the highlighted station, the audio starts with no picture and it goes to the screen where you select watch or record. When i try to select watch with the ok/enter it pauses the audio, if i push it again the audio starts. There is no picture playing in small window or when i select watch just audio. if i  have watch selected and i  push the play button it pauses the audio again and the screen goes black.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:04:51 am »

theater view. yes, back button on remote and the remote is MCE remote. When the back button is pushed it does take you back to the theater view guide. If i try to go back  and watch the selected channel i push the ok/enter button on the highlighted station, the audio starts with no picture and it goes to the screen where you select watch or record. When i try to select watch with the ok/enter it pauses the audio, if i push it again the audio starts. There is no picture playing in small window or when i select watch just audio. if i  have watch selected and i  push the play button it pauses the audio again and the screen goes black.

It seems that MC is slow in switching to display mode to show video.  I am guessing, when you press OK button, it is (half-way) in the display view, and pressing OK button while video is playing just pauses and unpauses the video.  I can not explain why MC was having trouble switching to Display view completely.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:20:53 pm »

I have three issues.
1. I have asked previously and did not get a solution. while it does not happen every time it does happen often enough to be a problem for me. If I pause a movie and leave it paused for let say 30 seconds or if I pause and then restart quickly and (this is using the remote) the sound starts but I have a black screen. I have to go to the keyboard hit ctrl-alt-del and once I click on task manger it regains its focus. I dont have to stop MC in task manager. I had this problem with windows 7 and windows media center installed so I did a new install of windows 8 and did not reinstall windows media center just in case there was some conflict. Still the problem exists. I always have the latest builds of MC and the latest driver for my video card. I have searched the forum for solutions and have tried a couple of solutions for others  but still nothing has solved this. Of those solutions I have checked in options>theater view I have checked use full screen exclusive mode for drawing and then under ease of access I have under make mouse easier to use I have the activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse checked.
2. the second issue is the MC hangs because it stops recognizing the remote. Most of the time after a period it does unhang and start responding again. I have read the trouble shooting  guide  that glynor has and I did  disable windows defender but that has not worked.
3. Finally Netflix on my computer that I use as the server to my 2 client computers will not let me log into my Netflix account. it causes the program to freeze. it also will not display any of the ques of movies. while the clients work perfectly.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »

3. Finally Netflix on my computer that I use as the server to my 2 client computers will not let me log into my Netflix account. it causes the program to freeze. it also will not display any of the ques of movies. while the clients work perfectly.

I have not been able to get Netflix to work properly for a while now (however I have no problems logging in). I did have to "clear" Netflix once after a MC upgrade to get it working. There is no harm in doing this if you want to try ..Go to Start Button>Click Run, Type in "%Programdata%. Go to Microsoft>PlayReady. Delete the file. Restart Computer. Go to JRiver Netflix setup and delete Netflix account. Add Netflix account back in.

I know that Netflix stopped supporting third-party program like JRiver and there is nothing that can be done.
On my systems, I have to got to Netflix website to add movies or shows to my queue. Then I can access the movies through Theater View but the Shows do not load episodes so there is nothing to play. Oddly, some shows will display episodes - but most do not. Some (Jim for example) say that Netflix works for them so there must be something going on on our individual computer allowing or preventing Netflix from working.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 01:42:11 pm »

I use Netflix several times a week.  It still works.

I think they have a limit on how many machines can use the service.  Try logging in with a browser.

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »

Jim
these issues happen in theater view. it happens whether I am in movies or shows. When I originally posted this I had my ceton tv tuner activated but when I installed windows 8 I did not reinstall WMC. this was in case it was somehow causing a conflict that resulted in the black screen. I have used stop in many cases, while not intentionally to see if I could repeat the black screen but I don't remember when I have used stop and then restarted that this issues has occurred. I have removed the back button from my remote because it was causing the same issue so I could remove the pause button too. Since I did remove the back button, the 5 key is the way that I navigate. I will remove Netflix from one of the computers and see if that fixes the situation on my server. Thanks  

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »

I may have the cause to my issue where I get sound but no picture (black screen/ loss of focus). I have three computers 2 clients and one server. I only get the "sound but no picture" on the server. All three run windows 8 the only difference is that they have different brands of video cards.  One of the clients has NVidia the other has it on the chip. My server has a AMD 6700. I have not been able to replicate the issue on either client. So this leads me to believe that the (black screen/loss of focus) is coming from some conflict with the AMD card. There are a number of settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center for the card. Are there any settings that I should look to see if they are checked or unchecked that may help in resolving this issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up