INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video .ISO Files  (Read 2374 times)

DrJohnC

• Recent member
Video .ISO Files
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:46:38 pm »

Many of my video files are in .ISO format (gradually switching to mkv) which MC plays correctly using Slysoft's Virtual Clonedrive software.

After playing the material, and even exiting MC, the media is still loaded in the Virtual Drive, requiring manual intervention to eject.

Is there a command in MC which forces the ejection of the .ISO once it has finished, or playback had stopped?

Thanks

DrJohnC

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video .ISO Files
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

I don't think there is an option for this.

In the VCD options you can enable "eject unmounts image file" which means you can unmount the images via Media Center by right-clicking the drive and selecting eject.

Since it doesn't really hurt anything to leave the image mounted, I don't usually bother with it.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »

Since it doesn't really hurt anything to leave the image mounted, I don't usually bother with it.

No hurt, but it is a pain when tagging fails on one file.. and after a long time searching you realise that it's because the iso is still mounted.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »

True.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:29:06 am »

It doesn't exactly write tags into the ISO file (unless I somehow don't understand how that would work), so why would its mount state block anything?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 10:59:40 am »

It doesn't exactly write tags into the ISO file (unless I somehow don't understand how that would work), so why would its mount state block anything?

It just does, I'm afraid. The same way the sidecar of a video file is not generated if the video file is read only. 

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:25:09 am »

More than a few times I've tried to move or delete an ISO file in Media Center while it was mounted.
I'm just so used to it now that I didn't even think of it until fitbrit replied.

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:37:42 am »

Not sure if this the same Virtual clone drive you are talking about http://virtual-clonedrive.en.softonic.com/# ? I'm a video noob, but there is an option "ejects unmounts image file" which seems to clear it for me unless I'm missing something

DrJohnC

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 02:12:00 pm »

Hi Folks

I've found the same issues with the .ISO mount as many of you have.

Yep, this cmd does eject ("dismount") the .ISO file ... right-click on the Virtual Drive and select eject.

It's still a manual process.

The best solution I've found so far is to recode the .ISO into .mkv, etc. This also eliminates the tagging of .ISO files as recognized video files in JRiver.

It's a small issue in comparison with the MadVR (Red October) and fantastic audio supplied via JRiver.

John

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 10:36:00 pm »

Hi Folks

I've found the same issues with the .ISO mount as many of you have.

Yep, this cmd does eject ("dismount") the .ISO file ... right-click on the Virtual Drive and select eject.

It's still a manual process.

The best solution I've found so far is to recode the .ISO into .mkv, etc. This also eliminates the tagging of .ISO files as recognized video files in JRiver.

It's a small issue in comparison with the MadVR (Red October) and fantastic audio supplied via JRiver.

John

Yes, I would love to do that, and do for the majority of my BDs. However, the 3D videos have to be kept in .ISO format in order for 3D playback in third party software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up