INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The sound has desappeared.  (Read 1174 times)

Sergius

The sound has desappeared.
« on: September 27, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »

Hello to support! I need consultation. Today i have upgraded firmware and drivers for my Asus Phoebus. After that the sound in JRiver has gone. If I play some audio or video by Windows media player or k-lite codec pack - everything is ok. But if i choose JRiver - that's all. I reinstalled JRiver and i for experiment i changed version for 19. But result is null. What must i do for this program works? I'm very sad that i have payed for this. Always some bugs.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The sound has desappeared.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 04:26:04 pm »

Did you go to Tools>Options>Audio and check your settings under "Audio Device" (to be sure you still have the correct selection: i.e. WASAPI, Direct Sound, ASIO, etc.)?

Sergius

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »

Yes, sure. And device didn't change. Beside i tried every device i found there but no effect. Also JRiver equaliser etc shows that device is working (properly?) but still no sound.

Sergius

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 04:45:11 pm »

Hmm, very strange, but after one more try the system started to work with option Asus Phoebus headphones (wasapi). Before that i used Audio device by default (direct sound). For it's not matter if this option don't  process of paint audio streaming. So someone can say - this option gives clear sound or has some soundprocessing? (Asus Phoebus headphones WASAPI).

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »

That wasapi gives the best sound quality- better than direct sound for sure.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 06:58:38 am »

So someone can say - this option gives clear sound or has some soundprocessing? (Asus Phoebus headphones WASAPI).

Play something with sound, then look at the Audio Path in Standard View of MC. Audio Path will show if any changes have been made to the original sound.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up