INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Recorded Movies in Recorded TV View  (Read 2365 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Show Recorded Movies in Recorded TV View
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:24:44 pm »

I have a custom "Recorded TV" view in theater view that uses TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) as a base for what to display, then I filter it down to only shows in my recorded tv disk directory...I would like to include recorded movies (movies that are recorded from the TV guide), but I can't seem to get it to work...I can't even find the definition for TVInfo(SeriesDisplay).

I was hoping I could copy the view and modify it slightly, but like I said...can't find a way to edit it...

Can anyone help?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Show Recorded Movies in Recorded TV View
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

bump...anyone?  I can provide more details and or screenshots if necessary...

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:42 am »

bump.  Is this not possible?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 11:36:45 am »

I'm not clear exactly what you want to do. Maybe you could explain better.

I think you want to separate TV recorded "shows" (like 30 minute sit-coms) from TV recorded "movies". And you want those TV recorded movies to show up under "(TV) Shows" on the Theater View menu rather than under "Movies". I assume you record to specific folder (like G:/TV_Recordings) and you auto-import from that folder to your MC library. Do you have "auto tagging" setup to make all these imports "media sub type = TV Shows"? I think you can set media sub type to "Movies" for those recording that exceed a time (like over thirty minutes are subtype Movie) or you can work with your view in Theater View to setup a new view under "Shows" for movies if you don't mind manually adding some data to a pre-existing field (like make "Season=999" display your movies). I'm not an expert at creating custom scripts (maybe someone has better way to do this) but I have found there are a lot of different ways to do the same thing.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:15 pm »

I've created a custom view in theater view.  It sits under 'Shows' in the main view.  Basically, it shows TV shows that reside in my recorded TV folder.

I want to also see movies that I have recorded as well (IE: recorded from my TV tuners, which would mean they also sit in the recorded TV folder on my HDD).  But if I record a movie, it is obviously being tagged as a movie.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »

I just did a quick mock-up adding the category "Movies" to the Theater View menu under the "Shows" heading. Then I went into display properties and changed it to only look at TV Shows (not Video) in the TV Shows folder and added a second requirement that the Duration be greater than 60. This will only pull/shows that are 60 minutes or longer from the folder where my recorded TV goes.  I don't have any movies in that folder now so I'm recording a movie now (as I post this) to see how/if this works.
I'm sure there is a more elegant solution, but I think this would do what you want. I can post screen shots of the settings, if this is actually what you want.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:59:53 pm »

I don't think that will work, as movies get tagged as movies, not TV shows...

Also, what I really want is in the view that I posted, to show both TV shows and Movies, but only ones that reside in my recorded TV folder.

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

don't know if this will help but in record options there is a box "apply these tags" there you can set a default record to tag as sub-media type TV show.. my default is sub-media type movies as i tag TV shows with more specific tags.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:11:33 pm »

Exactly. Like this:

That will keep your recorded TV shows from mixing with your "ripped" movies.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 01:05:09 am »

Again, that's not the point...I have my movies and tv separated just fine...The only thing I want to do is include movies AND TV that are in a specific path on my drive to be included in the above view.  It's not a tagging issue.

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 03:51:31 am »

TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) Returns [series] or [name]

Your view (in Tools → Options → Theater View) is probably using the rule [Media Sub Type] is "TV Show" so you would have to edit that to include movies.

You may also want to add "Filename (path)" is ______ if you only want recordings to show up there and not other movies.

adlelare

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 08:55:57 am »

i agree with the previous poster..  go to  "options" "theater view" items to show...say "Series" and then in the "Details" section and then under "type" you have "Library Fields", "File Path" etc... if i understand you correctly  but as you had already indicated you had set up a custom view i, and others likely, assumed you already knew how to adjust all the views and variables.. PS don't know if it matter and i can't remember specifically but either for regular JRiver view updates or maybe just for Gizmo i found you had to restart JRiver.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 09:00:45 am »

TVInfo(SeriesDisplay) Returns [series] or [name]

Your view (in Tools → Options → Theater View) is probably using the rule [Media Sub Type] is "TV Show" so you would have to edit that to include movies.

You may also want to add "Filename (path)" is ______ if you only want recordings to show up there and not other movies.

what is the correct syntax to add a second sub type?  Thanks!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 09:11:27 am »

Thanks guys, I figured it out...the main menu 'Shows' was set to only show Media SubType=TV, so I deleted that rule, and added it to Series, Recent, and Genre (the sub menus under Shows).  That left Recorded TV (the only other sub menu under Shows) view to show Media Type=Video...this worked perfectly. 

Thanks again!

mm0
Pages: [1]   Go Up