INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Response to MJ reboots when I try to purchase it  (Read 784 times)

c-havlin

Response to MJ reboots when I try to purchase it
« on: February 02, 2002, 09:09:02 am »

I am having trouble with my computer rebooting when I try to purchase MJ 7.2.  I went to your forum to try and find an answer.  I found a thread relating to my problem and read through the whole thing.  Let me start by saying to J River, I feel your pain.  I work in an automotive repair shop.  I hate it when people bring in a vehicle with some intermittent problem that only happens once in a blue moon and then get mad at your when you can't fix their car.  Like you said.  How can you fix what is not broke.  You are not sitting at their computer, nor can you duplicate the problem.  With that said, I will post my computer specs. here so that maybe this issue can be resolved.  Here it goes.

AMD 1.4 T-bird
Asus A7V-266E MB
256 MB of Crucial DDR ram
Geforce 3 vid card with Nvidia 23.11 Detonator Drivers
Hercules Fortissmo 2 soundcard
Linksys 10/100 ethernet card/driver is provided by Microsoft and installed automatically by Win XP/ dated 07/01
Linksys model# LNE100TX v4
3com cable modem connected through the Linksys card
Windows XP Pro OS
IBM 60 gig HD
Raid is disabled
Nothing is overclocked and the system has been perfectly stable/not to say that something may not be wrong with it though Next Page
I do have Zone Alarm firewall and Norton Antivirus loading on start up.  Tried disabling them and same problem still exists.

I haven't been able to read the error on the BSOD because the system reboots to quickly.  I will disable the feature where it reboots with BSOD and then post the error that it reports.  I kind of agree what JimH wrote.  It seems like a networking bug of some sort.  I am going to search around and try to find a WinXP compatible driver from Linksys and try using it to see if it fixes the problem.  Also if you have any suggestions to try just post them and I will try it and see if it works or not.  If you need more system info just ask and I will post it.  I searched around quite awhile for a media organizer to use and liked yours the most.  I would like to be able to use all of the features again because my free trial has run out.  This is the first time I have had trouble trying to give somebody my money.  Next Page

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Response to MJ reboots when I try to purchase it
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2002, 09:23:10 am »

they said by the end of this comming week they should have another buybutton.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

c-havlin

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2002, 09:47:52 am »

Shortly after I made my posting I went looking for an updated driver for my network card.  Linksys did not have one, but the Windows update site did.  I downloaded and installed it and guess what.  I was able to purchase MJ 7.2 with no problem.  Go figure.  Don't know if this is the problem with the other users out there who had the same problem, but those of you who said it was all the software's fault might want to rethink that.  Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone out there having the same problem.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2002, 09:56:58 am »

so you think it was the driver for your linksys network card...

interesting

But it prob should not crash the buy button, regardless not sure if it could be traped
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up