INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist group - showing all songs in the order of the playlists  (Read 1005 times)

Etsijä

• Recent member

I noticed this has been asked some time ago, but I'd like to propose again this feature:

Imagine I am responsible of choosing music to a dance competition (I really am!).  The competition has several series, like

Series A semifinal round
Series B semifinal round
Series A final round
Series B final round
etc.  You get my meaning.

OK, now I create a playlist group under which I put my playlists for each of the rounds.  These playlists really aren't necessarily sorted by any automatic criteria; each song in the list is carefully hand-picked by me, and the order of the songs inside one playlist is CRUCIAL.  So I get this:

(Group) My Awesome Dance Competition
> (Playlist) Series A semifinal round
> (Playlist) Series B semifinal round
> (Playlist) Series A final round
> (Playlist) Series B final round

All is well - so far.  Everything in nice and neat order.  The problem arises when I want to go to my Playlist Group and I want to burn the whole group - in the exact order of the songs in my playlists, so that I get one CD which has all songs of the dance competition in their exact (hand-picked) correct order.  The Playlist Group seems to use a random-looking sorting criteria for the view.  The order of the songs in the Group's view has no resemblance whatsoever to the structure (carefully ordered Playlists) of the Group.

I have tried several ways of doing this, but Media Center always seems to lack something crucial.  For example, I can try to group the Playlist Group by a field - but playlists are not in the list of possible fields, so the Group's view cannot be grouped by each individual playlist.  And, seems like avery other collection of tags I am trying to use fails.

Is what I'm trying to achieve a lost battle?  MC20 seems to have huge versatility in terms of scripting, regex etc. so would there be a clever workaround to use?  I would not like to start adding static custom tags to each and every song inside my playlists, because then if I need to add, delete or change a song inside some of my playlists, it would anyway screw up the work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up