INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Australian HDHomerun  (Read 994 times)

Dantos

• World Citizen
Help with Australian HDHomerun
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:33:32 pm »

Help with Australian HDHomerun

Hi

MC25 HDHomerun Connect (dual tuner) Wind10

The newtwork tuner displays "no signal".

Background: I recently lost internet on my NBN wireless internet in the hunter valley. Telstra, as usual, no help. Turns out the "indoor unit" was showing low signal strength but modem all green lights. A hard reboot of the indoor unit (not modem) restored internet, albeit 3 mbps.....and still low signal strength displaying on indoor unit.

When the internet was down (prior to restoring internet) soon afterwards the HDhomerun network tuner started showing "No signal". What signal I asked myself.If I unplugged the OTA antenna connection and plugged it into the samsung TV directly, perfect OTA signal.The home network still worked....and now the internet (although not required??) was restored but the HDHomerun still said "No signal".

Within MC the "tuner status" was "initializing" for both tuners. The two LED on the right of the HDHomerun not lit. Hmmn. Reboot the HDHomerun. No change. Reboot the win 10 pc, eureka...within MC one tuner showed "scanning", the other tuner "idle". After a few minutes scanning, both tuners went to "idle". Great....but selecting from the OTA guide still "NO SIGNAL".

Strangely, through all this the OTA guide remained on screen and time display continuously updating.

We have had high winds in the Valley but clearly the OTA TV rooftop antenna is working fine.It is possible that the NBN outdoor antenna has shifted to explain low signal strength, or maybe something in the tower shifted (we otherwise have direct line of sight to the tower with previously excellent signal strength).

Still, I am puzzled as to what "signal" the HDHomerun is not getting, given that internet is now working (slowly), home network is functional, and the OTA TV signal is working.

Apologies for long post. TIA

David

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Help with Australian HDHomerun
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:46:51 pm »

Hi David,
I've an Oz HDHomeRun and it's been working great.  First thing to check it to see if the Silicon Dust HD Home Run apps work, check the config, update the firmware etc.  Once that is done and working, the start Run MC in Administrator Mode to do the initial tuner scan etc.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 10:14:17 pm »

Hi David,
I've an Oz HDHomeRun and it's been working great.  First thing to check it to see if the Silicon Dust HD Home Run apps work, check the config, update the firmware etc.  Once that is done and working, the start Run MC in Administrator Mode to do the initial tuner scan etc.
Thanks
Nathan

Hi Nathan
thanks for reply.

I eventually got it working - not really sure how or why. It ran about 20 secs, then MC froze big-time requiring to pull the power cord of the pc (task manager or even holding power button, nada). On reboot it has been working fine, fingers crossed. Its as if HDHR coughed up a giant fur ball like my cat, and now is 'better'! Gotta love computers.

Anyway, with trepidation I then did upgrade to the latest HDHR.exe windows software. On my windows 7 desktop this resulted in a black screen for the hdhr app (so totally useless for watching TV). On my win 10 htpc I get "your license has expired to use this app" (or some such). Yep, gotta love computers,lol ! If you know of any fixes for these errors, much appreciated as a quick google got hits but no solutions.

Thank god MC seems oblivious to these HDHR anomalies and TV is tuning in fine (so far).

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 01:11:13 am »

Sorry no idea either on these msg.  I've been using HDHomeRun for over a decade (both the original now the connect).  Once it is going it just works for me with MC.
JRiver CEO Elect

Dantos

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 03:02:11 am »

Thank you Nathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up