INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 ASIO drivers  (Read 1958 times)

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
2 ASIO drivers
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:02:19 am »

I've been trying to use ASIO bridge with MC20 but it's not working out that well. Basically Asio bridge shows two MC ASIO devices MC19 and MC20, one of them is always live and the other shows as stopped, but it is random which means each time I start the PC or ASIO bridge or MC20 it'll flip and I'll have to change the settings to let the system sound access the MC20 audio engine. I have had definately not got MC19 installed on this PC and don't think I ever have, any idea what is going on here?

I'm trying to ascertain MC suitability to run as my primary method of crossover before the 30 day trial finishes and this is getting in the way a little.

Any help much appreciated.

Stefan

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: 2 ASIO drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 07:57:39 am »

yeah something isn't right here. When ASIO bridge plays into MC20 (when MC19 shows as stopped) the volume slider in MC isn't linked to the volume slide of the sound card it's outputting to and has no effect on volume. When ASIO bridge plays into MC19 (when MC20 shows as stopped) the volume slider in MC is linked to the output device slider and the two move in unison. Something is amiss here.

Any ideas?

Matt is this a known bug or something I'm missing?

Stefan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:23 am »

The volume slider is keyed off of what the active output device is in Options > Audio.  You can always use internal volume if the system volume isn't working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:54:10 am »

Hi Matt, yeah got that, it's just not working. I think if I could sort out why there are two ASIO driver (19 and 20) showing this would all drop into place OK, is there a way of unistalling one of these ASIO drivers or are they both there by design?

Stefan

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 09:57:01 am »

Hi Matt, yeah got that, it's just not working. I think if I could sort out why there are two ASIO driver (19 and 20) showing this would all drop into place OK, is there a way of unistalling one of these ASIO drivers or are they both there by design?

Stefan

You can uninstall MC19.

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:22 am »

That's just it Matt, I've not got it installed, nor have I ever had it installed.

Ta.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:26 am »

That's just it Matt, I've not got it installed, nor have I ever had it installed.

Ta.

Well then it shouldn't be showing as an ASIO device!  I have no idea where it's coming from.

You can manually erase an entry here using regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\[Insert key name you want]

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 11:15:03 am »

I've just done exactly that, not sure how it got there then, no idea how it got there, oh well, all seems to be working now, if i select the wasapi version of my laptop sound card the volume in MC tracks the system volume now, brilliant!! I'll do a restart and see how it affects the latency setting which I'm having trouble with in the ASIO bridge setup.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. Can't wait until you've got the WMD sorted out, that'll be a real boon not having to use another latency adding round trip like ASIO bridge.

Stefan

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 06:19:43 pm »

I don't think JRiver are working on Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) but they might be working on Windows Driver Model (WDM).  :D

Can't wait until you've got the WMD sorted out,

Stefan
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up