INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO bridge  (Read 7885 times)

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
ASIO bridge
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:21:23 am »

Hi all,

I can't seem to find where best to get help for ASIO bridge, there is no forum on their site, maybe one of you users can help me?

I just started using ASIO bridge, the latency is currently set to 8192 samples and I need to lower it to 1536 for 44.1Khz operation, I can click on the max latency I want at which point I get the message that the 'changes will take effect at the next launch.....' however when I reboot the PC the latency remains unchanged. I guess it's either a bug or there are unexplained steps I am missing?

Also in your opinion would this latency allow me to pass audio to an app like jriver from a video streaming service such as netflix or youtube without noticeable lip sync issues?

Also the sample rate shown in ASIO bridge jumps about all over the place, it never drops out but the rate flashes red as it moves up and down before settling for a while.

Ta

Stefan

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ASIO bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 07:33:13 am »

Hey Stefan!

Well can't help but one of the guys in this thread might be able to .. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84993.0

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:30 am »

Thanks, I'll have a look at that thread.

Mods, thanks for moving the thread to the correct place, I'm still finding my way round this forum, aside from DIYA I think it's the larges audio forum I've been on!!

Thanks

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:55 am »

Again, I don't use the ASIO bridge (I've been a WASAPI loopback user), so it's hard to confirm, but have you tried setting the "live playback latency" in MC's options?  It's possible that it may be overriding the native settings in the ASIO bridge.

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:03 am »

That sounds like a good call, I'll poke around, can you give me a heads up where I might find that?

Stefan

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:11 am »

That sounds like a good call, I'll poke around, can you give me a heads up where I might find that?

Stefan

I think it's under Options-->Audio-->Advanced.  A tip for finding menu items: the options menu has a search bar at the bottom that I still use constantly even though I've been an MC user for more than two years  ;D

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:27 am »

Ah never noticed that :embarrassed:

Found it and it didn't make any difference anyway. I notice the default is 50ms (recomended) which on top of any convolution and hardware latency would throw my lip sync out, I've set it to minimum latency for a few tests what do others use here?

Stefan

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:50 am »

Ah never noticed that :embarrassed:

Found it and it didn't make any difference anyway. I notice the default is 50ms (recomended) which on top of any convolution and hardware latency would throw my lip sync out, I've set it to minimum latency for a few tests what do others use here?

Stefan

I use the lowest setting that doesn't produce audio stutter which varies by device.  Sometimes I use minimum, sometimes 10 milliseconds depending on the equipment.  I'd suggest testing your equipment and seeing what it will tolerate.

orangeart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 10:53:46 am »

Ah, I'd assumed it was an internal latency for MC processing rather than an output device specific setting. I'll experiment, thanks.

Stefan
Pages: [1]   Go Up