INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client PC cannot connect to Library Server  (Read 1732 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Client PC cannot connect to Library Server
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:43:53 am »

Hi,
I have four PCs running JRiver MC20:
- One Library Server on Win 8.1
- Two Clients on Win 8.1
- One Client on Microsoft Server 2012 R2
The three clients run headless and I manage them with Remote Desktop.
The two Win 8.1 clients connect to the library server without any problems at startup
The Microsoft Server based client does NOT connect to the library server and gives the attached error message after startup. If I click on the 'retry' button, the client connects to the library server immediately and without any problems.
How can I get this to work without any intervention?
Thanks and regards
Rudi

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Client PC cannot connect to Library Server
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:48 am »

you might want to try this. Although this is in response to a WIFI connection, problems could be linked to the network adapter, and your issue sounds very similar => http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91700.msg630974#msg630974

hope this helps :)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:42 am »

Thanks Arindelle,
sounds just like my issue. Unfortunately I cannot use task scheduler to load MC after network availability, as the respective PC is optimized with audiophil's script and this scripts disables task scheduling services http://www.highend-audiopc.com/optimizer.html. So for the time being I have reverted to a local library which I manually restore from a backup of the library server's library every now and then.
Reg
Rudi

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:19 pm »

Thanks Arindelle,
sounds just like my issue. Unfortunately I cannot use task scheduler to load MC after network availability, as the respective PC is optimized with audiophil's script and this scripts disables task scheduling services http://www.highend-audiopc.com/optimizer.html. So for the time being I have reverted to a local library which I manually restore from a backup of the library server's library every now and then.
Reg
Rudi

If possible, try a default install of the OS on that machine.  I suspect that audiophil's script is causing your problems.  If you don't have the issue before you apply those scripts/tweaks and you do after you apply them, then you need to reach out to that dev for support.  Disabling of 'unessential' services might have made sense at one time, and selective disabling of specific services for security reasons may make sense today, but with a modern CPU bulk disabling services typically causes more harm than good.

Edit:  If the problem is truly the issue linked above, then reach out to audiophil to see what would be required to re-enable task scheduling services.  I am not sure why you would ever want to turn that off as opposed to just scheduling the tasks to run at non-listening hours.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »

Yes I agree with Bart .. if its just a script file you could maybe just comment out the code. There's a big thread on running core only on Window server (no GUI) over at Computer Audiophile you might want to check out, but it sounds like a big pain in the butt with results that a good dac would take care of anyway. At least you could ask the same question there .. sorry no time but to google it windows server core computeraudiophile should get you there.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 01:40:22 pm »

Thanks a lot, i'll look into the thread at CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up