INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date lost in tag after every update or reboot  (Read 1031 times)

MrU

• Junior Woodchuck
Date lost in tag after every update or reboot
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:36:16 am »

This problem has occurred on previous versions as well [i.e. v 17-20 at least].
It appears that the tags that keep becoming blank are generally my vinyl converted albums into the MC library.
In terms of playing they have never been  a problem , it's just the issue of losing the Date tag after every v. update and most pc reboots!.

Any help would be very appreciated, I've tried to solve this problem since v.17 [years ago] to no avail.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Date lost in tag after every update or reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:34 am »

Evening MrU,

What file types are the audio files... mp3, flac, ape?
Is your library in its default location? (If you did not intentionally change this, it will be)
Are the files stored locally, or in a network location?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:24:35 am »

On upgrading, if these are Flac files there shouldn't be any issue .. if there are wav files some of the tags can't be written to the file. Also you have library backups so the data should not be lost.  Now if you are upgrading from one version to the nex, you should leave the old version on. The library of the previous version (19 to 20 not necessarily 17 to 20) will just port over seamlessly (or should). If you remove the prior version and reimport the songs into the library, non-embedded tag information will indeed seem to disappear, because it is just not there. Thats why if you are not keeping a prior version when you up grade you should just restore the "final" backup to the upgrade.

Now on rebooting? That's something else again. Thats not good. Not sure why that would happen.  . If the tags are in the library, the tags just wouldn't disappear as they would not be reimported.

What format are these ripped audio files that fail? You might want to check to see if they are corrupted. If you want I can post a tool that can check the files.  I would make sure the information can actually be stored to the files and is indeed embedded (in options) as a double security until a solution is found.

oops I see Marko has asked the good questions while I was typing  :)

PARHull

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 11:46:14 am »

Hi, I wonder if this is just a coincidence or similar to my problems of some tags not being written back to the flac files (but library being updated), as in my recent posts ?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92380.0

Phil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up