INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.22 for Debian  (Read 5512 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 20.0.22 for Debian
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter-20.0.22.deb

20.0.22 (10/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Video Playback crashed on stop when playing from a library server.
2. NEW: If using the system volume control and there is no mixer for the PCM device, we'll fall back to using the Master mixer for the device.
3. Changed: UI fixes. Startup position and position of popup windows should be stable now. This includes the controls in fullscreen video mode.

20.0.20 (10/2/2014)

1. Fixed: https protocol broken in 20.0.18
2. Changed: Switched to gnutls from openssl for https support because of a bug in the openssl static libs that prevented some websites certificates from being verified (i.e. twitter)

20.0.18 (9/26/2014)

1. Fixed: JRWorker segfaulting occasionally prevented some file types from being recognized.
2. Fixed: MediaCenter also occasionally segfaulted on exit.

20.0.17 (9/19/2014)

1. NEW: Implemented the file "locate" function.
2. Fixed: Menu items that open a URL in a browser.
3. Fixed: Disabled menu items unsupported on linux.
4. Fixed: Default for managing links changed to external browser.
5. Changed: possibly more ability to play Internet streams. Needs testing.

20.0.16 (9/16/2014)

1. Fixed: Series and Season cover art downloaded to the wrong folders.
2. NEW: Video playback supports playing from a library server.
3. Fixed: Last.fm scrobbling.

20.0.15 (9/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Fullscreen video playback is functional.
2. Changed: The video renderer uses VSYNC if available in the graphics driver.

20.0.13 (9/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Corrected the latency calculation for the ALSA output.
2. NEW: Video support.

20.0.7 (8/14/2014)

1. Changed: Reverted to previous device detection scheme. Because of a bug in ALSA this can occasionally crash when enumerating devices. It fixes detection on some platforms however.

20.0.6 (8/12/2014)

1. NEW: File path dialogs for Options (requires gtk 2.0)
2. Changed: Retry audio device enumeration on failure. Fixes troubles finding devices on ubuntu x64.
3. Changed: More tweaks to eventing.

19.0.160 (8/5/2014)

1. Changed: (again) the root window updating. Reverted somewhat to the previous behavior. Only the right side, bottom and bottom right corner work properly for resize.

19.0.156 (7/24/2014)

1. Fixed: One of the types of HTTP redirects was not being handled properly. This fixes troubles with some internet streams and one particular DLNA controller.
2. Fixed: The ALSA Buffer time and Period time parameters were not being used.
3. NEW: The ALSA output format can be fixed to a specific type (i.e. S32_LE) as well as auto detected (previous method).
4. Fixed: Window Size/Position issues in some dialogs (i.e. dsp studio sample rate selection).
5. NEW: Rudimentary portable drive (handheld) support (no autodetect).
6. Changed: Root window move/resize. Position/Size isn't updated until left mouse button is released. Prevents jumping, etc. This will likely change again...

19.0.152 (7/15/2014)

1. Fixed: Detection of mountpoints under /media and /mnt, treated as "drives"
2. NEW: Implemented the functions which allow "Rename, move and copy files" to work.
3. NEW: For deleting files from the library, moving to the recycle (Trash) bin implemented. Since this is desktop dependent you'll need to symlink ~/Trash to your desktop trash directory.

19.0.148 (7/3/2014)

1. Fixed: Multichannel mapping.

19.0.146 (6/26/2014)

1. Fixed: Watched folders now see subfolders properly.

19.0.144 (6/24/2014)

1. NEW: Implemented DSD over DoP. Tested with Mytek Stereo192 DSD DAC.
2. NEW: Added S24LE audio format.
3. Fixed: Registration issues (losing previous registration, etc).
4. Fixed: Socket handle leak.

19.0.143 (6/19/2014)

1. NEW: Added DPMS control to the HDMI screen option under audio.
2. Fixed: Registration issues (losing previous registration, etc).
3. Fixed: WOL Mac address were not being supplied to the access key server properly.

19.0.141 (6/13/2014)

1. Changed: Default volume mode is now "Internal" rather than "System".
2. Changed: Added command line switch for restoring license from an MJR file (/RestoreFromFile).
3. Changed: Tooltips that obscure underlying clickable fields removed.
4. NEW: Screensaver control enabled (turn on hdmi screen option under Audio).
5. NEW: Added command line alsacap to the debian package (in MC's shared library location).
6. Changed: Audio driver configuration changed to be more like windows/mac.
7. NEW: The ALSA driver selection can be made from the WebRemote control panel.
8. NEW: DSD Encoder working.

19.0.138 (6/6/14)

1. Fixed: Asynchronous crashing triggered by Media Network being enabled.
2. Fixed: Ratings.
3. Fixed: Bug in eventing.
4. NEW: Licensing is now enabled. The trial period starts.

19.0.135 (5/9/2014)

1. Fixed: The watch folders function.
2. Fixed: A memory leak from above.

19.0.134 (5/15/2014)

1. New: The font dialog is enabled (Options->Tree and View->Select Font). You can choose from the default Lucida, GNU Unifont and a user defined font string. The User Defined font string has to be acceptable to XLoadQueryFont. If the font isn't found, MC will fall back to Lucida and then Mutt-Clearlyu. The font height can also be trimmed manually. Height in pixels of trim.

19.0.133-2 (5/12/2014)

1. Change: Reverted from requirement for dynamic ssl and crypto libs added inadvertently in 19.0.133

19.0.133 (5/9/2014)

1. Changed: The font loads orders of magnitude faster.
2. Fixed. The maximum size calculated for the font characters were not being calculated properly at load time resulting in imprecise placement of elements in the MC window.

19.0.129-3 (4/22/2014)

1. Changed: libcurl system shared lib dependencies reduced.
2. Fixed: Internet reader timeout.

19.0.129 (4/21/2014)

1. Changed: libcurl integrated into the JRReader. Greatly reduces dependencies and uses a newer version of libcurl. Needs testing to see if anything is missing and to check compatibility with distro's (unsupported) other than debian wheezy.
2. Changed: xz compression on the .deb greatly reduces download size.

19.0.128 (4/15/2014)

1. NEW: System volume control and mute control if supported by the device (controls the PCM output). The mixer is discovered during audio device config (reselect your audio device to get it).

19.0.124-5 (3/27/2014)

1. Changed: More maximize/not maximized work.

19.0.124 (3/25/2014)

1. Fixed: Use 64 bit stat functions. Fixes problems using mounted windows (and CIFS NAS) filesystems. Probably also fixes other random file problems.
2. Fixed: Moving the main window works properly now.
3. Changed: Method of screen position saving restoring (again). Needs testing.
4. Fixed: Resizing works (as long as nothing is playing).
5. Fixed: Restores maximized/not maximized state upon start.

19.0.122 (3/14/2014)

1. Fixed: Remembers size and position on re-open. Needs testing on different platforms / window managers.
2. Changed: The method used to allow moving/resizing. Needs testing on different platforms / window managers.

19.0.121 (3/11/2014)

1. Fixed: Memory leak introduced in 19.0.119
2. NEW: WMA playback support.
3. Fixed: HTTP authorization tokens weren't being done properly, so that only one server authorization was stored at a time.
4. Changed: Timeout advanced to July 10th 2014.
5. Fixed: Internet reader, HTTP redirects were not handled properly.
6. NEW: Use backing store for windows if the server supports it (UI speed increase).
7. NEW: Mouse cursor changes (on click) for main window move/resize. Intend this to work on hover in the future.
8. Changed: More tweaking of the tooltip and transient window hints (need feedback).

19.0.119 (2/28/2014)

1. Fixed: Movement and resizing of MediaCenter works properly now.
2. Fixed: HTTP authentication was broken in build 19.0.118.

19.0.118 (2/21/2014)

1. Fixed: The linux network reader fixed to handle custom methods (needed for DLNA events).
2. Fixed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, wouldn't move on to the next track in a playlist properly.
3. Fixed: Tooltip windows to work better with more window managers. Still not transparent however.

19.0.117 (2/14/2014)

1. Fixed: Enabled filesystem statistics gathering function.
2. Fixed: Allow : in filename (was filtered out by windows code).
3. Fixed: Remove special treatment of UNC style paths (windows code).
4. Fixed: Remove special treatment of . in pathnames, i.e. foo./bar (windows code).
5. Fixed: The fixing of the documents path causes the automatic database backup to occur. (~/Documents/JRiver ....)

19.0.116 (2/10/2014)

1. Fixed: Prevent tooltips and transparent windows from stealing input focus. Fixes upper right corner search box.

19.0.115 (2/5/2014)

1. Changed: Completely reworked the linux ALSA audio output device control to be more efficient and reduce latency.
2: NEW: Allow advanced user control of the latency.

19.0.112 (1/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Stability improvements.
2. Changed: Moved timeout to April 9th 2014

19.0.109 (1/23/2014)

1. Fixed: Workaround a curl bug that could cause crashing on slow dns lookups.
2. Fixed: Window focus issues. Need feedback.

19.0.108 (1/21/2014)

19.0.103-3 (1/14/2014)

19.0.103-2 (1/13/2014)

1. Changed: Removed system requirement for libcrypto++ and libboost-regex.

19.0.103 (1/9/2014)

1. NEW: Implemented libboost for regular expressions to match the windows and mac versions.
2. Changed: More dependencies tuning.

19.0.102 (1/3/2014)

1. Changed: Bumped timeout to February 9th 2014
2. Changed: Package no longer depends on the various linux audio encoders to install, they are recommended but not required leaving it up to the user to install. These are Lame, Vorbis-tools, Musepack-tools. They can be 32 or 64 bit.

19.0.94 (12/16/2013)

1. Fixed: Bug introduced from the column header crash fix.

19.0.92 (12/11/2013)

1. New: Added Musepack (mpc) encoder (requires system musepack-tools).
2. Fixed: Pathname length for files increased from 260 to 4096.

19.0.91 (12/10/2013)

1. Changed: More shared library work (stability).
2. Changed: Now requires system libcrypto++9 (>= 5.6.1)
3. Fixed: MPC (Musepack) input plugin.

19.0.90 (12/9/2013)

1. Fixed: .deb pacakge dependencies will allow either i386 or amd64 versions of lame and vorbis-tool and un-arched xfonts.
2. Changed: Reliability in loading shared libraries, was causing problems when switching between audio formats during playback.

19.0.89 (12/6/2013)

1. New: Added OGG encoder.

19.0.88 (12/5/2013)

1. Fixed: OGG input plugin.

19.0.85-1 (12/3/2013)

1. Faster: Drawing from an internal image to the screen is much faster (requires 0 memory manipulations before draw; previously required two copies before draw).
2. Changed: More resolutions avaiable for the dynamic MC Icon.
3. Fixed: DLNA fixes from the main code.

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.22 for Debian
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:40:51 am »

mini-view does not work.
I have tested it with all skins. The window jumps to the upper right corner, without changing the size. Back to normal view works well. The window moves to the original position with the original size
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:42:55 pm »

mini-view does not work.
I have tested it with all skins. The window jumps to the upper right corner, without changing the size. Back to normal view works well. The window moves to the original position with the original size
Thanks, I see that now. It is connected to the other changes. Will get it sooner or later..

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:36:32 pm »

Window positioning is much more stable in this build (thanks!), however I've got some regressions in gnome on Arch:

1) Opening a child window makes the main MC window minimize/vanish (e.g. opening the options window makes MC disappear except for the options window).  This unfortunately includes the right-click context menu when playing videos, which means the video disappears for me whenever I right click.
2) Video playback is now broken for me with two monitors; either half the video area is missing or it occupies both monitors (half the video on each monitor); I had correct dual monitor behavior in prior builds.  
3) I can no longer access the OSD at all while videos are playing; moving the mouse to the top of the screen either triggers nothing or causes the video to disappear as though it were minimized, but the OSD still doesn't appear (probably related to number 1) above).

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 03:21:28 am »

Hello,

This is my feedback.

My setup is a bit different and I may have some issues with windows management you cannot reproduce.
It's runnging on Wheezey 32 bits but I do not run X server with Xorg. Instead it is running through vnc instance with openbox. It's far far smoother (even over LAN) and allows me to remote from any OS. I also have JRiver running on Windows desktop accessing htpc library for media tag and playback, etc...

New issue with 20.0.22
-When I open a child window, no matter what it's, it will open the right size, the right position but blank. I have to maximize and then minimize to see the window content appears. It worked with 20.0.20.

Issues with 20.0.22 and earlier
-I set a custom view based on "file list" view on my htpc.  From the Windows client, it will display another category view than "File list". I guess this behaviors because of missing 3D cat on Linux version.
-I saved DSP profiles for test and I am unable to delete them.

Thanks
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 09:42:05 am »

New issue with 20.0.22
-When I open a child window, no matter what it's, it will open the right size, the right position but blank. I have to maximize and then minimize to see the window content appears. It worked with 20.0.20.

I have the same problem:
Sometimes it does not work sometimes it works. It is not to reproduce.  I have a log attached (from rename, move & copy files.)
The first part: I have an album marked ---> rename ---> the child window is ok.
The second part: 2 albums marked ---> rename ---> the child window is blank.

I do not know if the log helps

@cassfras21: thanks for the tip: maximize and minimize works for me also
Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 10:08:43 am »

For me, window creation, positioning and resizing/moving seems to work very well.

However, it is still possible to move a window with a pulldown open, the pulldown will be left at its original position. See pic attached.

A pulldown should either close or move along with the window.

JimCo06

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 04:07:23 pm »

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with the standard Unity desktop.

OK, this was weird.  After updating to 22 nothing on the GUI worked properly.  None of the menu buttons worked. The icon buttons didn't work. I couldn't get it to play music I couldn't even close the program without right clicking on the desktop icon and choosing Quit.  I rolled back to 20 and everything worked perfectly.  So I re-installed 22 but once again nothing worked.  Now the weird part.  I kept closing the program and re-opening it to test different things (probably 10 times) and suddenly everything was working properly.  How is that possible?  (and no, I haven't been drinking).

EDIT: Spoke to soon, closed MC again and when I re-opened it one more time, NOTHING is working, again!  I have continued closing and re-opening MC, sometime it works perfectly and sometimes nothing works.  I have noticed that when it isn't working properly the hot zones (where you click to select something) don't line up with the image on the screen.  For example when I hover the pointer over the play button nothing happens, however when I hover slightly above the button the button highlights go on.  However the button still doesn't work properlt even when I click when the image highlighted.

Let me know if you think a log file would help, I can try to get you one.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

We're in the process of some major under-the-hood UI changes to hopefully make the entire UI system more stable and reliable, in the meantime it may result in some new and weird issues until everything is ironed out. Please bear with us!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 09:23:56 am »

I was doing some system calibration this weekend, and noticed some other bugs that aren't window/UI related:

1) Certain DSP functions do not work correctly.  Specifically, certain "mix channels" functions work and others don't.  I didn't test all of them, but "Swap" definitely isn't working at all, and "move" seems to be only partially working, but not working correctly. "Copy" seems to be working fine.   There may be other issues in some of the other DSP as well, but I haven't had time to test.  Repro steps:

a)Add a "mute" filter to PEQ selecting "Left"
b)Play music or test tone and note which speaker is muted.
c)Insert a "swap left with right" filter above the "mute"
d)Play music or test tones and note which speaker is muted

In my setup the same speaker is always muted in b) and d), which should not be the case.  I tried to work around the issue using a series of "moves" and dummy channels, but that didn't work either.  Finally I just swapped the cables  (which worked) ::) 

2) The numpad does not work in Media Center, but works in other programs.  I just get blank squares when using numpad for data entry (and I tried toggling numlock with no difference).  It's not just a display issue, media center interprets the squares as zeroes or non-input.

3) Attempting to "play" any of the audio calibration clips under advanced tools throws a playback error.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this on demand but it happens while I am listening music from my htpc to JRemote over 3G connection with transcoding enabled.
This occurs when 3G connection signal is not good enough. Then playback stops until 3G connection gets back. Sometimes playback goes on, sometimes it crashes MC.

syslog from htpc
htpc kernel: [82520.241896] mediacenter20[2259]: segfault at 14 ip b6a0e351 sp bfc02bc0 error 4 in libJRTools.so[b69a2000+3e6000]
htpc kernel: [10333.384065] mediacenter20[2257]: segfault at 14 ip b6a6d351 sp bfb8cc60 error 4 in libJRTools.so[b6a01000+3e6000]

Here is the same bug but while streaming music from a test VM to JRiver Windows client over the LAN. Transcoding is enabled too.

syslog from VM
debian kernel: [  146.673054] mediacenter20[2237]: segfault at 14 ip b69fe351 sp bfcde5d0 error 4 in libJRTools.so[b6992000+3e6000]

It's not specific to version 20.0.22. I had this problem with earlier versions.
Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 01:41:46 pm »

cassfras21,

Go to Help, Logging, enable Output to a log file. After a segfault occurs, return to that dialog and click 'Report problem'. This will create a zip file in your home directory. Attach that zipfile to a forum post. If its too big you may have to temporarily host it online somewhere.

Hopefully the log will contain some info for the developers to trace the issue.

You may also want to post some details about your machine and which distro you're running.

Thanks.

faceless

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

On Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit I report the same weird experience on version 22 like reported by JimCo06. Had to roll back to version 20 for the gui to work properly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up