INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Movies On 1 Blu-Ray - Storing As .iso File  (Read 1421 times)

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

• Recent member
2 Movies On 1 Blu-Ray - Storing As .iso File
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:34:09 am »

Hi There!

Currently I am storing all my Blu-Ray files in .iso format and am using AnyDVD HD & Virtual Clone Drive to mount.  I find it works great, really no complaints.

I do have a question about movies that have more then 1 movie or title on each disc.  I have a few blu-rays like that.  I know that if I used PDVD or TMT to play the files it would give me the blu-ray menu and I could select which movie I want played.  But I kind of like how JRiver handles playing blu-ray .iso files natively.  Just starts playing the movie.

I know that when the movie is playing you can right-click and select a different title.  But I'm wanting to store each movie independantly in my library with the cover art for each one.

So I'm wondering if I was to create the 2 movie folders in my library and store the exact same .iso file in each folder is there a way for me to hard-code the title that I want played for each movie respectively.  Again I know that you can select the title once the movie is playing.  And when you stop and go back in it seems to continue playing the same title, but I'm not sure if that means it will always play that title going forward.  i.e. When you get to the end of the movie and were to restart playing it at a later date again would it play the same title or would it want to start playing the first title?  Or if you had to restore your library would it default all these movies to go back and play the first title automatically?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks In Advance!
MD

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 2 Movies On 1 Blu-Ray - Storing As .iso File
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:43:08 am »

With ISO files I'm afraid this isn't going to work.
If you had a Blu-ray structure, it might be possible using particles.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

So if you select the first or second title it will at some point in time default back to the first title automatically?

Perhaps it's best to store these movies as .mkv files?

Thanks
MD

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:22:47 pm »

With ISO files I'm afraid this isn't going to work.
If you had a Blu-ray structure, it might be possible using particles.

Correction, you WILL be able to do that with particles if you used the bluray structure instead of ISO.

Ducs_Of_Hazzard

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

Hi There!

So I'm currently using AnyDVD HD to rip a couple Blu-Ray's using the Rip To Hard Drive option instead of the Rip To Image option.  Do I have to put the folder and all it's contents that AnyDVD HD creates in the folder that I manually create to put the .iso file in?  Or can I use the folder that AnyDVD HD creates and just move it into the folder that contains all my movies in their appropriate folders?  Or does it matter?  I have always ripped to .iso file so I've always created a folder in my Movie Folder for each movie and put the .iso file in that folder.  Just not sure if I should still be doing that now that I already have a folder with contents that AnyDVD HD creates.  Maybe I just need to rename the folder AnyDVD HD creates with the name and date of the movie and just move it into the folder that contains all my movies in their own folders.

Also if I use the Particles function will it show 2 seperate movies in my library with cover art and stats for each movie or is it still stored in the library as 1 movie.  I looked through the Wiki but it doesn't show what the end result looks like just how to set it up.

Thanks In Advance!
MD

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »

I usually use the stucture:
...(whatever your folder structure is)...\Movie Title (year)\
All files/folders from the ripped disk go directly in to that folder.

Then I import that folder, auto create particles, delete any particles that I don't want (remove from library, not delete files), do basic tagging on what's left and then do a 'lookup movie information'.

The two different movies/versions will be two different particles with different coverart/tags/etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up