INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sticky a column preset to a view?  (Read 807 times)

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
How to sticky a column preset to a view?
« on: October 12, 2014, 06:41:29 pm »

Every time I restart MC20 or clear the library the custom preset I have set for my columns within the views (Audio, etc.) resets itself.  Is there any way to make a column preset stick to the view?  I have tried unlocking views and relocking, etc. but nothing has worked for me.  This is particularly problematic for me as I use MC as my primary tagging tool and often clear the library and reload it after making tagging changes.

Also, I have noticed an aggravating difference between MC19 and MC20.  With MC19 when I changed my columns to my preset the tag window would update itself to reflect that.  Now I have to go through hoops by changing the "group by" in the drop down arrow away from Album and then back to Album in order to get the tag window to update appropriately (and sometimes it takes more fiddling than that to get it to work).  Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting somewhere to make that work properly?  I did not have this issue with MC19.

Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to sticky a column preset to a view?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 11:00:48 pm »

clear the library

Clearing the Library erases it and sets it back to the defaults.  That's what it does.  This includes any and all customizations you've made to your Media Views.  So... I think you should explain yourself better...

All changes made to unlocked Media Views should persist when you close and re-open MC (locked views prompt you to save the changes when you navigate away from the View).  There is an option to allow or disallow setting sort order permanently through List Header clicks, if you're referring only to sort order.  And, there was a bug that caused the Tag Action Window's Show Tags in Current View mode to not work correctly with recent builds.  If this is what you mean, this can be fixed.

One important thing to understand, however, is that Client copies of MC cannot make changes to any Media Views on the Server.  MC does allow you to make the changes on the Clients, but all changes made from a client are lost when the client is closed and re-opened (the Server's copy of the Library always wins).  Clients can make changes to File tags, and they can create and modify Playlists.  They cannot change any Media Views, or change the Theater View setup.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up