INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing IP of NAS - SACD ISOs wont't play after find and replace  (Read 1615 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen

Hi all
For reasons beyond my control, my NAS now has an IP address of 192.168.0.10 instead of 192.168.1.100. I thought 'no big deal', I'll do a 'update database to point to a new location' in the 'rename, move & copy files' menu.
I ticked 'Find and Replace' and entered the old and new IP address. In the action window everything looked ok. After updating the database in this way. FLAC and mp3 files played fine. However SACD ISOs refuse to play ('something went wrong with playback').
Something seems to go quite wrong when doing a find and replace on SACD ISOs.
I have around 50'000 tracks in my library and I have manually tagged all of the several hundred SACDs in JRiver, so this is a serious issue.
If we had sidecar tagging for SACD ISOs, this would be easily resolvable by simply reimporting the music files into a blank library, but lacking sidecar tagging, this is not easily resolvable.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks and regards
Rudi

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing IP of NAS - SACD ISOs wont't play after find and replace
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:04:15 am »

IP addresses do have a lease and if this lease expires you can get another IP

You can reference to the NAS by name. In the past win networking was rather flaky on this aspect but today it is stable.
If you do have a compelling reason to use a IP, set a fixed IP for the NAS on the router.
Maybe you can roll back to the original IP?

Can't help you with the ISO

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:17:13 am »

Thanks, Vincent
The issue with the IP range of my network is that I have had to move it from
192.168.1.xxx to
192.168.0.xxx
so there is no easy way to move the IP of the NAS back to 192.168.1.xxx
Hopefully someone else will know something about the ISO issue.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 09:04:47 am »

Hi

I'm no network expert, but have you tried the access key and authentification rather than the ip address and  mapping your drives. With a mapped drive letter it might be easier to repoint the database.

As for the iso files They might not be "mounted"  - might want to try virtual clone drive just to see if that will work to narrow down what could be wrong? Only use isos for videos so not really sure

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:55:23 am »

Thanks for the suggestions. I have resolved the issue, hopefully once and for all. I have mapped the music directories on the network to drive letters. The music directories on local drives I have mapped using visual subst http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/visual-subst.html. So far everything has worked like a charm, both on machines that access music on local drives and those accessing music on the network (of course the content and relative paths on the local drives and the network drives are identical).
Took a while to redo the tagging of the SACD ISOs, but now I should be ok.
So far so good.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 12:57:02 pm »

And thanks for posting your solutions, Rudolf :) This will probably help someone else who has the same issues.

You can use the mapping in Windows itself, but this seems like a neat tool that you found -- looks like you can map directories and not whole drives this way
Pages: [1]   Go Up