INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sometimes no sound  (Read 1173 times)

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Sometimes no sound
« on: October 13, 2014, 10:57:30 am »

Sometimes when I start Playback there's no sound. The slider for duration don't move but an error message occurs not always.

I can solve as follows:

Choose the advanced properties of the audio device and click "testing". I can hear the test sound and then the playback can be started.

I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Sometimes no sound
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:07:46 pm »

This may indicate that something else has taken exclusive control of the sound card. Do you have any other apps running that are audio related? If they get exclusive control of sound card before JRiver it may cause what you are seeing.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »

This may indicate that something else has taken exclusive control of the sound card. Do you have any other apps running that are audio related? If they get exclusive control of sound card before JRiver it may cause what you are seeing.

Not knowingly, only MC has exclusive control. It happens also when only MC is running.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

What is your audio path? Is it a sound card, HDMI from video card etc. In order to help with the issue we need some more details about the equipment you have and how they are configured.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »

Here's the reporter log. I hope there are all information you need. Thanks for your effort. I'll be back again tomorrow - it's time to sleep now in Germany.

Thanks Bernhard

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »

.. the logfile

Pages: [1]   Go Up