INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Program Error in Media Editor using Windows 200  (Read 763 times)

Copiche

Program Error in Media Editor using Windows 200
« on: January 31, 2002, 12:26:04 pm »

When I open up the media editor i call up an MP3. The media player decodes and opens the file up and then I apply or (generate) silence at the beginning of the track like 1 second or so b/c I am trying to do that to all my MP3 files. When I go ahead to save it under the External Encoder(*.mp3) option, it tells me that the file already exists (b/c I want to save it w/ the same name) and that if I want to replace it? I click yes and it saves it until the bar completes. Just right after that I get a error message saying "PROGRAM ERROR: MEDIA EDITOR.EX.EXE HAS GENERATED ERRORS AND WILL BE CLOSED BY WINDOWS. YOU WILL NEED TO RESTART THE PROGRAM. AN ERROR LOG IS BEING CREATED" and there is the ok option in the bottom. Is there anything additional that I need to download to take care of this? Am I doing something wrong? or is there anything else that can fix this. If so please help. Thanks.!!!
PD: I have a PII 400 mhz Dell with 256 ram.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Program Error in Media Editor using Windows 200
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 12:31:30 pm »

Try downloading the mp3 encoder from this website plugin again.

Also, everytime you re-save as mp3 you lose more quality.  Maybe you should just put MJ in "gapped" playback mode and let it add the gaps instead of degrading the quality of your mp3 collection.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Copiche

RE:Program Error in Media Editor using Windows 200
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 12:57:57 pm »

Will the "Gapped" portion of the MP3 ( for example 1 second of silence at the beginning of the MP3) be included in my MP3's if I burn them like that? DATA? or is this just for Playback purposes only?
Thanks for your previous prompt response by the way.
Copiche.
Pages: [1]   Go Up