INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slight Freeze or stutter viewing Videos  (Read 937 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Slight Freeze or stutter viewing Videos
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:00:45 pm »

Hey guys,
I'm starting to see a stutter or momentary freeze in my Video and TV playback. No change if I switch from RO-STD or RO+HQ. I'm seeing this freeze in playback of recorded TV shows (ts) and Live TV. It is not very frequent but it has been going on with every video so far. maybe every five minutes or so there is a slight (1 sec) freeze of the video.

I also am getting some pixalization watching a ripped BD (mt2s) on my client machine. I use a D-Link Gigabit "unmanaged" switch (Router is a AT&T UVerse model but that should not be a factor since I'm not using it for Server to Client communications) and there are no other issues with the network.

Also, maybe same issue - but when I'm playing Live TV to a client machine, Sometimes I will get an audio stutter after a few minutes. If I hit the "back/reverse" button, the stutter will clear up and it won't come back.

The only change made lately is my switching from MC19 to MC20. Any suggestions?

racefacexc

• Recent member
Re: Slight Freeze or stutter viewing Videos
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

I am having mostly identical symptoms on Live TV.  streaming video and local video no stutter.  it's once every few minutes and doesn't happen reliably.  For example, last week while watching NFL football live, i noticed it regularly every few (5-10) minutes for the entire duration of watching live tv.  Today, I have been watching more NFL football live and have not noticed it stutter at all so far.  This is an OTA HD signal.  I have a cheaper TV tuner card, but I don't think this is the issue because I have only noticed this stutter since upgrading to MC20.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Slight Freeze or stutter viewing Videos
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:33:00 am »

Can both of you review:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide

And post the log packages with details as described.  If you are recording to network volumes, please take special note of the Disks section in the guide, as there are things there that are applicable in many cases involving network volumes.

Also, CountryBumpkin, can you confirm if this happens only with those particular file types, or if it happens with others as well (MKV, etc).  Lastly, please confirm that this happens (the pauses and stutters) on both the Client and the Server itself doing the recording.  If it is only the Client, can the client access the files directly over the network, or is MC streaming them?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up