INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to hide roller options in Theater View  (Read 1823 times)

metac

• Recent member
How to hide roller options in Theater View
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:14:08 am »

File deletion can be hidden/disabled.

I need the same for

Zone Selection
Tag
Add to Playlist
Find Artist
Burn
Play in the More roller
Volume Up/Down

Generally if you add another roller option (especially the top roller) can you please allow it to be hidden/disabled as part of the development.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to hide roller options in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 07:43:37 am »

Sorry, but those can't be hidden.  Core parts of the program are rarely hideable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 08:07:52 am »

Zone Selection was only recently added.

I have two zones, Video Zone (TheaterView only, out to AVR via HDMI) and Audio Zone (Gizmo only, out to AVR via analogue sound card).

So now i'm going to get asked "why have i got no sound/picture"... because someone accidently switched zone.

This is a user experience regression/bug, after all TheaterView is supposed to be about a nice user experience.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 08:18:01 am »

... because someone accidently switched zone.

This is a user experience regression/bug,

It's a "bug" because someone in your household is messing with the program settings?!

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 08:26:30 am »

In TheaterView you can now change the Zone (via the Top Roller)? With a remote control. That's not program settings.

I probably wouldn't care so much if it was in the More section, but its right next to the 'Current View' option.

Or there was a way to hide a zone depending on client, theaterview/gizmo etc. May be i've missed that option.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 09:07:28 am »

Options to customize the roller would be nice. It's getting very cluttered with all the features that have been added now.

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 09:24:37 am »

Matt's reply doesnt make that prospect at all likely. I might roll back to v19 and update Lav/MadVR by hand. V20 so far adds nothing i'm interested in, but the $20 upgrade is still extremely good value :).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 11:42:27 am »

Options to customize the roller would be nice. It's getting very cluttered with all the features that have been added now.

What zones is it showing?

Because you can hide zones on the server...  My htpc only shows zones on it, for example, and not the ones on the server.  If you have local zones added that should never be used, you should remove them. If there are no zones but one, then that option doesn't show in Theater View.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 01:03:31 pm »

MC is a on server (headless). Default setup, whatever zone it created doesnt show up on client.

HTPC (connects to server as a client) but it is also a media network server to Gizmo (remote control only, files playback on htpc).

So i have two zones, Video Zone (TheaterView only, out to AVR via HDMI) and Audio Zone (Gizmo only, out to AVR via analogue sound card).

Both these show up in TheaterView.

Hide (not delete) Audio Zone, still get TheaterView Zone Selection roller option (with only Video Zone available). And Gizmo can no longer see Audio Zone.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 01:07:19 pm »

Because you can hide zones on the server...

Tools > Options > Media Network > Client Options > Show playback zones from the server on the client.

Uncheck it.  This is a per-client option, so you'll need to do it on each one.  Then, each client will ONLY show zones configured locally.

If you have locally configured Zones that you want only to be used in very special circumstances, you might be stuck educating your users better.  But, if it is just showing a bunch of zones from the server.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 01:12:21 pm »

and Audio Zone (Gizmo only, out to AVR via analogue sound card).

I don't understand why you have this, but don't want your users to use it from Theater View.

That's pretty edge-casey.  There is no concept of a Gizmo-only zone in MC.  What are you trying to accomplish here?

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 06:10:05 am »

The server zone is already unchecked for the HTPC. This is not the issue.

The HTPC has

1) VIDEO ZONE. Intel IGPU/Audio via HDMI for video playback. I've set it up to use HDMI audio (wasapi event style), plus a couple of minor dsp settings.
2) AUDIO ZONE. Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard for audio playback. I've set it up to output stereo only (asio).

Each goes to a separate input on my AVR. Think of each HTPC connection to the AVR as a separate Blu-ray player and CD player.

Therefore in TheaterView selecting the Audio Zone will output to the CD input on the AVR and you will not get sound on the AVRs current (blu-ray) input.

I don't want my projector on when i'm playing CDs, therefore since i have no video in that case and i use Gizmo as a remote control.

If you know a better way to configure things, i'll be happy to give it a go. But it works great right now.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:31 am »

Could zone switch help here?

I'm not terribly familiar with it, but remember somehow setting mine up so that if I play video, it auto switches to the 'Video' zone, which has different DSP settings to the 'Audio' zone. If I begin audio playback and I'm in the 'Video' zone, it switches to the 'Audio' zone.

If I remember correctly, I had to use MCWS commands to switch the zones as 'Play Doctor' audio lists were bypassing the zone switch commands.... If you think it might help, I'll try and dig up the thread....

-marko

Castius

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 10:05:24 am »

I really hope we can get to a better place with theaterview.
How is that going to happen, with so much resistance to changing it?

Can we have multiple theater views? The main view would control media center.
The other views would be purely for displaying and viewing media?
Kind of like party mode. Where hitting ESC will not exit but only take you to the home screen.
And other thing like that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 11:02:33 am »

How is that going to happen, with so much resistance to changing it?

This was a change, just implemented recently, due to persistent user feedback over many years that there was no way to switch zones from Theater View.

And, now, right on schedule, some users want to turn it off.  But if you make switches for everything, then you can't design the interface rationally (and the Options panel becomes an even more confusing morass).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 11:03:39 am »

Could zone switch help here?

This is, essentially, what the Zone Switching feature is for.

metac

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 02:35:14 am »

Zone switching would work (never used Play Doctor so that'll be fine), but i do occasionally play audio via theaterview. ::)

Read only TheaterView (except ratings as i use that for marking things as watched) would be great. TheaterMiniView, as in 'Mini'mum.

Cheers for ideas everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up