INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No favorites option in Theater View  (Read 3499 times)

hawaii2k

• Recent member
No favorites option in Theater View
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:26 pm »

Running MC21.0.7 on two computers. On one, in theater view, the guide has a Favorites option that, when selected, has the guide display only Favorites channels, as you'd expect. On the other, however, the Favorites selection is missing altogether. Why would that be? Favorite channels have been specified, there's just no Favorites option under Guide in theater view on that particular computer (Windows 8.1).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No favorites option in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 03:33:49 am »

Is one of those PCs the MC Server and the other a MC Client?

Or are they both independent installations, running their own local Library?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:46:14 am »

You have to set favorite Channels on each computer independently. Even if you set favorites on the Server computer, you still need to set them up for each Client - as they can be different.

hawaii2k

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 10:15:59 pm »

Thanks all for replying.

Both installations are their own libraries. Favorites have been set for both. But in Theater View, the Favorites selection is missing on only one. Go to Theater View | Video | Guide and Favorites selection is missing altogether so I can't pare the guide down to just the channels I can watch. In my case, it's no so much Favorites as it is Viewable. All the other channels have the copy-once flag set by TWC.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »

Could it be that it was accidentally (or not accidentally) deleted in the past?

Check Options > Theater View.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 01:08:04 am »

I can't pare the guide down to just the channels I can watch. In my case, it's no so much Favorites as it is Viewable. All the other channels have the copy-once flag set by TWC.

Ah, this is a different question I think. Why don't you just Hide the channels that you are unable to watch due to the copy-once flag.

In Standard View, Options/Television/Manage Channels and tick the box to hide the channels you can't watch. Then you don't need to worry about Favourites. Only the channels you can watch will appear in the Guide.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

hawaii2k

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 04:01:59 am »

Ah, this is a different question I think. Why don't you just Hide the channels that you are unable to watch due to the copy-once flag.

In Standard View, Options/Television/Manage Channels and tick the box to hide the channels you can't watch. Then you don't need to worry about Favourites. Only the channels you can watch will appear in the Guide.

You'd think. Except I have done exactly that and in standard view, only non-hidden channels are listed. But in Theater View, the entire list is displayed. It's the reason I'm trying to get the Favorites option to appear in Theater View.

hawaii2k

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 04:05:17 am »

Could it be that it was accidentally (or not accidentally) deleted in the past?

Check Options > Theater View.

Ok, so this is interesting. On mine, Favorites is not listed under Guide. I tried adding it using the Add.. button but I couldn't figure out how as I didn't see it anywhere so that it could be added.

UPDATE: I clicked the Reset! button and the Favorite option (re-?) appeared.

Thank you everyone!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 08:30:13 pm »

You'd think. Except I have done exactly that and in standard view, only non-hidden channels are listed. But in Theater View, the entire list is displayed. It's the reason I'm trying to get the Favorites option to appear in Theater View.

I tested this on my system and did not get the same result.

I marked three of my primary channels as Hidden, then check in Theatre view to see if they were visible. They were not visible in either the full Guide display, or in the Favourites view of the Guide. I didn't even need to reload the EPG or do anything other tick the check box to hide the channels in the Options/Television/Manage Channels dialogue, save the changes, and then go immediately and check the Guide display.

The channels are also correctly hidden in the Standard View, Television display.

I am running MC21.0.9. There were some changes in MC21.0.8 to the Manage Channels functionality, which may have fixed any problem you are seeing in MC21.0.7. Perhaps if you upgrade to MC21.0.9 the problem would be fixed for you. I think hiding the channels in the full Theatre View Guide is way more convenient than using the Favourites functionality, as there is a remote control button that takes you directly to the full Theatre View Guide.
Pages: [1]   Go Up