INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio/video sync problem following LAV upgrade to 0.63.0 in build 21  (Read 1240 times)

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

I have a few mp4 files that exhibit loss of audio sync following the build 21 update to LAV filters. I've uploaded a small sample to here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ieku56149hg4yy4/Alistair_Cooke_LAV_audio_sync_dxva2.mp4
(Americans may find the clip amusing)

The loss of sync only occurs if LAV video decoder is using DXVA2 acceleration, they are fine with no HW acceleration or CUVID.

System details: Windows 7 x64, Pentium G3220, Nvidia GTX660, also checked on laptop with Nvidia GT550M- same result.

I have checked using LAV 0.62.0 and they play fine with DXVA2 acceleration.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio/video sync problem following LAV upgrade to 0.63.0 in build 21
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:51 am »

I can reproduce the problem, but I'm somewhat confused, since there really isn't a big difference in how things are handled in DXVA2 and Software decoding.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio/video sync problem following LAV upgrade to 0.63.0 in build 21
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »

Thanks for looking at the issue Hendrik, it's no big deal as I've created a zone to playback these particular files which doesn't use HW acceleration to work around the issue for now.

A further issue I have noticed during testing with the Nvidia GT550m on a Dell XPS1702X laptop is that if DXVA2 is enabled and a video is paused, then the Nvidia GPU drops to a low power state (P8) but when the video resumes then it does not go back to high power (P0) but stays low causing frame drops and stuttering. The only cure is to restart the video.
This happens with both LAV 0.62 and 0.63 but used to be OK, I think it may have occurred after the Madvr update to 0.87.10.
Again there is no problem if CUVID or no HW acceleration is used.

File under curious and confusing problems..........

TerryM
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up