INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top level viewscheme  (Read 1251 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
Top level viewscheme
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:19 pm »

You could change the standard view top level viewscheme called "Images" to "Home Media" and include home videos to that view scheme.

Similarly, you could add some default view schemes in Theater View that do the same thing.

This would probably involve setting the top level location(s) of your Home Media in the Auto Configurator.

Edit:

My suggestion for Auto Configurator views located under home media:
o New Media. (requires setting the top level location(s) of new media or a new way of determining what is really new media)
o Events/Year
o People/Events/Year
o Places/Events
o Year/Events
o Year/Month/events

Re: Top level viewscheme
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:37:45 pm »

Well I'm definitely against renaming "Images" to "Home Media" since I don't use the images section in Media Center for that purpose.
I use Lightroom for all my photo management, and Media Center is more for images that I use in slideshows while music is playing.

I also don't know that Media Center is really suitable for these views.
How are people/places/events determined? Manual tagging?

Photo management apps like iPhoto use facial recognition, geolocation data, and smart date analysis to automatically populate this information. Media Center does none of these things.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:40 pm »

I do use JR extensively for my personal photo collection.
I do a manual tagging of People, Places and Keywords every time I flush the camera in the computer.

Love JR for the custom slide shows and looking for specific pictures through filtering...

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »

Well I'm definitely against renaming "Images" to "Home Media" since I don't use the images section in Media Center for that purpose.
I use Lightroom for all my photo management, and Media Center is more for images that I use in slideshows while music is playing.

Photo management apps like iPhoto use facial recognition, geolocation data, and smart date analysis to automatically populate this information. Media Center does none of these things.

I agree that images should not be thrown in with video.

It is easy enough for the OP to define a new view to suit him/her self.

raldo

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 05:23:29 pm »

Well I'm definitely against renaming "Images" to "Home Media" since I don't use the images section in Media Center for that ...

Good point, a rename is not a good solution then. Maybe several top level views for different uses/workflows, then.

I use Picasa for facetagging and geotagging but MC for caption and Events tagging. I wouldn't expect JRiver to deal with these complex things either. But Importing facetags from Picasa works very well. Geotags too, even if that info is not used for GUI stuff (yet). Places lookup could be performed by MC or by a plugin using lat/lon data and a geo database.

Your're using Lightroom for photo management. What photo consumption? My main use of MC is for manual tagging and consumption.

raldo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »

Here are my top level view suggestions for movies.

o Movie: any movie not yet seen
o Movie (high rating): Maybe you could ask the user "Do you rate your movies" if "Yes", display this view and the following view
o Movie (low rating):
o Series:
o Director/name
o Actor:/Name

Pages: [1]   Go Up