INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Cover Art?  (Read 2955 times)

darthlaker

• Recent member
Internet Cover Art?
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:51 am »

I right clicked on files that do not have cover art and the "Get from Internet" option is not displayed (as per JRiver Wiki:http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Get_Cover_Art_for_Selected_Files. )

Any idea why and how do I automatically get cover art from the Internet?

Thanks

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Internet Cover Art?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:26:41 am »

I don't have your specific answer as I don't use that feature but I will say I prefer to manually add my own artwork as I find the various automatic "add artwork from Internet" features return marginal quality results and the way I display art on my HDTV or iPad the auto accessed art is typically not acceptable to me. It may not be as important to many others.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 12:54:17 pm »

I right clicked on files that do not have cover art and the "Get from Internet" option is not displayed (as per JRiver Wiki:http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Get_Cover_Art_for_Selected_Files. )

Any idea why and how do I automatically get cover art from the Internet?

Thanks

and you are right clicking selected audio files and looking under cover art? check to see that the file in question is tagged with Audio as a media subtype

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »

Thanks guys.

I am on smartlist, missing cover art, then click on all the songs with no cover art, then right click, then cover art and there is no internet selection.

how do i check the file(s) in question are tagged with audio as a media subtype?

thanks

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

Hi,

Hope someone can please help?

Cheers

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 05:57:54 am »

Select tracks. Open the tag window (action window+tag; alt+enter or right click on selected tracks>tag)

see screenshot

if the Audio Media Type does not show up, click on tools (the upper left hand corner of the opened tag window) and choose also show or show all tags with values.  If it shows up but it is empty, tag as "Audio". If this is not possible your filetype is not supported. It is not automated, you have to choose the art proposed.

BTW - if these solves this you should be looking into why your ripped CDs are not tagging this field automatically. If they are not from CDs, that depends on one the source and the file format.

This will work for most files recommended for audio like FLAC etc; the options might not exist for SACD rips to ISO or more exotic formats. For which sidecar files are used when possible.

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:56:06 am »

Thanks!

It works but here is the weird thing.....if you select too many tracks it does not let you use the Internet option.

So you have to do small lots of tracks at a time - which is a BIG pain!

Anyone have any idea why?

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:17:46 am »

Thanks!

It works but here is the weird thing.....if you select too many tracks it does not let you use the Internet option.

So you have to do small lots of tracks at a time - which is a BIG pain!

Anyone have any idea why?

It will definitely work if you select by album including all the tracks you are tagging. Album artist and Album name is of course required so make sure they are tagged correctly too.

You can select multiple albums, but I'm not sure how many you can select at once but I just selected 11 albums. If you selected 1000 albums you'd be taking a lot of bandwidth from others so there probably is a limit, never tried. Depending on the server load this can be reasonably fast or slow as molasses if you do a lot at a time any way.

I don't find it a good source for HD covers, so I have a special  link (see manage links) that finds album art from the web.

darthlaker

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

Many thanks for your help

Cheers

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

It will definitely work if you select by album including all the tracks you are tagging. Album artist and Album name is of course required so make sure they are tagged correctly too.

You can select multiple albums, but I'm not sure how many you can select at once but I just selected 11 albums. If you selected 1000 albums you'd be taking a lot of bandwidth from others so there probably is a limit, never tried. Depending on the server load this can be reasonably fast or slow as molasses if you do a lot at a time any way.

I don't find it a good source for HD covers, so I have a special  link (see manage links) that finds album art from the web.

I have not taken a look yet at Manage Links but will it allow you to do a search from a site like Album Art Exchange?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 11:07:05 am »

I have not taken a look yet at Manage Links but will it allow you to do a search from a site like Album Art Exchange?

as long as you know how their site works, yes this is what I use for Google Images (for which I forget who to thank for)

Code: [Select]
https:////www.google.com//search?as_st=y&tbm=isch&as_q=Hexify([Album Artist (auto)] [Album])&safe=images&tbs=isz:lt,islt:2mp,iar:s,imgo:1&biw=1920&bih=984 This looks for big images then you drill down in image size until you find a cover - this pulls album artist and album from your selected tracks so you don't type anything

here's one for an ALLMusic artist search
Code: [Select]
http:////www.allmusic.com//search//artist//[artist]
for your site have to play around with a manual search and copy the URL into the search URL box adding always this "http:////"  it needs the four "/"s and inserting the fields in brackets

sometimes you have to add hexify in there depending on the site (Google is a numeric as an example)

try playing around with this for your site url = http://www.albumartexchange.com/

and this for the base URL using Manage Links as a start (can't test this now)should be something similar
http:////www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?q=[Album]

some sites won't work if they make you download covers, but once you set this up right it is invaluable  - works for IMDB Rotten Tomatoes for Video too
Pages: [1]   Go Up